Dantrolene sodium is a type of drug that depresses excitation-contraction coupling in skeletal muscle. It acts by binding the ryanodine receptor 1 and decreasing intracellular calcium concentration. It is used to treat certain medical conditions, caused by nerve disorders, such as spinal cord injury and stroke. The dantrolene sodium used in treatment of muscle stiffness and tightness (spasticity), multiple sclerosis, and cerebral palsy. It is known as a postsynaptic muscle relaxant as it mediates the release of calcium from the sarcoplasmic reticulum, which is essential for muscle contraction.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the dantrolene sodium market.
Top Impacting Factors:
- Increase in geriatric population results in more muscle stiffness and frequent muscle spasms, which is the key factor that drives the growth of the dantrolene sodium market.
- In addition, rise in cases of calcium deficiency among children and adults boosts the demand for dantrolene sodium, thus augmenting the market growth.
- However, side effects such as headache, nausea, drowsiness, and constipation associated with dantrolene sodium hinder the market growth.
- Conversely, increased research and development in the healthcare sector will create potential opportunities for the dantrolene sodium market.
New product launches to flourish the market
In 2020, Lannet Company, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of pharmaceutical products, entered in a three-year agreement with Elite Pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical company, to exclusive distribute Dantrolene Capsules 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg to treat spasticity.
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the dantrolene sodium industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- Who are the leading players active in the dantrolene sodium market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "dantrolene sodium"?
- What is "dantrolene sodium" market prediction in the future?
Dantrolene sodium Market Report Highlights
By Route of Administration
By End Users
Key Market Players
Guangzhou Tosun Pharmaceutical,, Biophore India Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd,, Elite Pharmaceutical,, Prajna Generics,, ScinoPharm Taiwan, Ltd., Olon Spa,