Daratumumab (brand name: Darzalex) is a targeted therapy of monoclonal antibody that treats cell surfaces glycoprotein, which is overexpressed on myeloma cells. This glycoprotein is known as cluster of differentiation 38 (CD38). Darzalex is an anti-cancer medication used for the treatment of myeloma. It acts by binding to the CD38 on the red blood cell (RBC). Daratumumab might interfere with the routine testing of clinically significant antibodies. People with pancreative antibody panel tend to cover the presence of any clinically significant antibodies, which, in turn, will negate the daratumumab binding to CD38 on the RBC surface.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the daratumumab market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in incidence of bone marrow cancer has led to the growth of the daratumumab market.
- Increase in cases of the post cancer treatment led to rise in the demand of the intravenous daratumumab medication, thus leading to the growth of the market.
- However, side effects of the medication such as susceptibility to bacterial and viral infections might hamper the growth of the daratumumab market.
- Conversely, extensive research on the daratumumab drug and incremental spending in the healthcare department will help drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the daratumumab market, thus creating new opportunities.
New product launches to flourish the market
In 2019, Janssen Biotech Inc., a medical research company under Johnson and Johnson, announced the approval of Darzalex by the Food and Drug Administration to treat newly diagnosed patients with multiple myeloma.
In 2019, Amgen Inc., and American multinational biopharmaceutical company, announced their successful results of their study of phase 3 CANDOR evaluating KYPROLIS (carfilzomib) in combination with dexamethasone and DARZALEX (daratumumab) (KdD).
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the daratumumab market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the daratumumab market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Daratumumab Report
- Which are the leading players active in the daratumumab market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "daratumumab"?
- What is "daratumumab" market prediction in the future?
Daratumumab Market Report Highlights
By Drug Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Juno Therapeutics, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company,, Amgen, Inc., Celgene Corporation,, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Genzyme Corporation,, Novartis AG,, Johnson and Johnson,, Janssen Biotech, Inc.