Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) Market Outlook – 2027
Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) is a software formed by the integration of information technology (IT) and facility management disciplines to enable seamless real-time monitoring and intelligent capacity planning of the critical systems of data centers. DCIM system is used largely in the IT industry to control the power use of components such as servers, storage, network systems, cooling systems, power banks in data centers as well as to integrate monitoring of the entire IT infrastructure into a centralized system, hence improving efficiency.
It facilitates availability, efficiency, utilization of data center services and assets, hence reducing system downtime and curbing cyber-attacks or security breaches. DCIM assists data center managers in better decision-making and resource management as well as allows organizations to automate repetitive administrative tasks such as data migration and storage reclamation, thereby reducing potential for human error.
R integration of RFID system with the software increases granularity in DCIM solutions to help data center operators track assets and monitor environment which implies that data center infrastructure management (DCIM) market share would undergo exponentially high growth in the coming years.
The global data center infrastructure management (DCIM) market is segmented on the basis of component type, data center type, deployment type, industry vertical, and region. Based on component type, the data center infrastructure management (DCIM) market is divided into software, solutions and services. The solutions segment is further categorized into asset management, network management, cooling management, power management, and security management. The services segment is also further divided into installation & integration, managed, and consulting.
In terms of data center type, the data center infrastructure management (DCIM) market is categorized into small & medium sized data centers, large data centers, and enterprise data centers. On the basis of deployment type, the market is bifurcated into on-premise and colocation. In terms of industry vertical, the market is segregated into IT & Telecommunication, BFSI, commercial, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in demand for sustainable solutions, owing to data center virtualization, enterprise migration into private clouds with a view to help organizations effectively manage existing infrastructure along with reduced energy consumption in data centers, which primarily fuels the data center infrastructure management (DCIM) market growth.
However, lack of highly specialized workforce, high cost of development of software solutions, dynamic nature of business and lack of tools and processes that assist in synchronizing virtual automation with physical infrastructure hampers the DCIM market growth.
On the other hand, rise in demand for data traffic, rack density to fit more equipment within data center space owing to the growth of cloud computing, Big Data, AI boosts the need for DCIM hence attributing to drive data center infrastructure management market revenue. On-going expansion along with customization of DCIM systems in order to address unique customer requirements and easy configuration with no minimum quantity restrictions presents new pathways to the DCIM industry.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
Worldwide leading data center infrastructure management market players are adopting necessary steps to help organizations optimize management of IT infrastructure by automating discovery, workflow management, and reporting across the entire technology stack including software and IoT devices.
In February 2020, Nlyte Software, a leading provider of Hybrid Digital Infrastructure Management (HDIM) Software Solutions, announced availability of two new data connectors. It is an open platform that enables personnel and other applications to access federated data model that underpins the solution, hence increasing efficiency of management of infrastructure. The two connectors launched, are used to expand the solutions that organizations can use to leverage Nlyte information.
Nlyte customers using Ivanti Solutions will be able to synchronize information between Ivanti CMDB and Nlyte solution hence ensuring that the information in both systems is accurate and personnel dependent.
For customers using Chatsworth Access Control products, the new connector enables organizations to enforce security policies through Nlyte solution thereby allowing infrastructure personnel access to specific areas in a data centre when modifications are required.
Surge in Use in Industrial and Automotive Application
DCIM are the perfect affordable remote web-based enterprise level connectivity solution designed to be secure, productive, and economical that eliminates the need for onsite troubleshooting and increase worker productivity.
In March 2020, Raritan, a brand of Legrand a leader in DCIM (Data Centre Infrastructure Managements) solutions, introduced Dominion LX II, a new generation KVM-over-IP switch designed for small to midsize businesses for economical, reliable, and secure remote access management. Dominion LX II KVM-over-IP switch offers one or two remote users and one local user Java-free, BIOS-level, IP remote access with control of 8 or 16 KVM ports.
It provides single power supply and LAN port along with productive video performance for 1080p and 1200p at 15frames/sec. New switch features Universal Virtual Media to transfer files, boot an OS as well as absolute mouse synchronization, directory server authentication hence enabling data center lab, network administrators to manage serial devices to maximize uptime, avoid travel, and resolve issues quickly.
Key Benefits of the Stakeholders
- The study gives an analytical overview of data center infrastructure management (DCIM) market forecast with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed data center infrastructure management (DCIM) market analysis.
- The current data center infrastructure management (DCIM) market trends are quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan, China is certain to create a demand lapse as China is the largest consumer and supplier of electronic components. Prices of communication devices flatten, owing to shortage of products caused by halt in manufacture during the worldwide lockdown scenario. This disruption in demand-supply chain is anticipated to cause the DCIM market shares to undergo slight temporary shortfall owing to travel restriction on a global basis.
- In May 2020, Sunbird reported that Microsoft witnessed 775% increase in use of cloud services whereas Facebook saw time in group calling increase by 1000%. Data center operators need DCIM software for remote management and ensure running of mission-critical systems by centralized management, network mapping, fault simulations, automated monitoring of any asset changes to the networked infrastructure.
- In contrast to the related consumer electronics and semiconductor industry, the data center infrastructure industry facilitating communication is expected to be more buoyant with strategic investments made to support increased data traffic for remote working of organizations amidst COVID-19 pandemic. Demand for communication services has witnessed unprecedented rise during lockdown scenario owing to the necessity of students to attend virtual classroom as well as the government to communicate virus updates. Wireless digital services including telemedicine is expected to remain in high demand even after lockdown restrictions are lifted thereby ensuring strong growth in data center infrastructure management (DCIM) industry.
Questions Answered in the Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) Market Research Report
- Who are the leading players in the data center infrastructure management (DCIM) market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the data center infrastructure management (DCIM) market size?
- What are the current trends that would influence the data center infrastructure management (DCIM) market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) Market Report Highlights
By Deployment Model
By Data Center Type
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
FNT Software, Cormant, Device42, , CommScope, ABB, GreenField Software, Graphical Networks, Huawei, Delta Electronics, Eaton