A direct current (DC) power supply is used for supplying a constant DC voltage to its load. A DC power supply takes energy from a power input and gives it to a power output. Input can be batteries, generators, fuel cells, solar power converters, or alternators. Input and output are hardwired circuit connections, though some power supplies use wireless energy transfer to power their loads without wired connections. Some power supplies have other types of inputs and outputs as well, for different purposes such as external monitoring and control. DC power supplies are perfect for testing various electronic devices used in end-users such as consumer electronics, medical & healthcare, automotive, wireless communication & infrastructure, and avionics & defense.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The global market for DC power supplies is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The COVID-19 pandemic saw a decline in the economic growth in almost all the major countries, thus affecting consumer spending patterns.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of DC power supplies, which negatively impact the market growth.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Rapid growth of the electronic business is set to impel the DC power supply market over the coming years. Besides, the DC power supply marker is required to relatively increment with the consistent development of the industrial sector. Growing basic electronic applications require exact voltage, which should be settled against fluctuations in input voltage and burden with providing the exact voltage as per the requirement. Hence DC power market is ready for to register significant growth. With Increasing production and demand for electronic devices such as laptops, computers, mobile phones and other electronic devices in customers and these devices, requires constant DC supply, is driving the demand for DC power supply systems. But due to its complex nature and high cost hinders the growth of the market.
New product launches to flourish the market
Keysight launched a new series of single and dual output power supplies that provides more usable power, bench friendly design with low background noise, and large display. The launch of new power supplies address customers’ bench applications that require power up to 400 W. The main highlighting feature of an auto ranging technology that it gives customers the highest current available for each voltage output. Keysight’s new E36200 series enables engineers to test and use their designs across multiple end-use industries including automotive electronics, consumer goods, medical devices, power tools, and industrial applications.
Surge in use in automotive applications
Rapid growth in the electronics industry with increasing adoption of automation profiting the DC power supply market. Power battery testing, fuel cell testing, AC/DC charging station, DC-DC converter testing, on-board chargers & charging interface testing, and high-power battery testing are some of the areas wherein automotive electronic testing is done using DC power supplies which is likely to expand the DC power supply market. With increasing population, automotive industry is also growing and this boosts the DC power supply market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global DC power supplies market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global DC Power supplies market.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight the global DC Power supplies market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global DC Power supplies market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
DC Power Supplies Market Report Highlights
By Output Power
By End-Use Industry
Key Market Players
Matsusada Precision (Japan), Itech Electronic, MEAN WELL (Taiwan), AMETEK (US), TDK Lambda (Japan), B&K Precision (US), Keysight Technologies (US), Chroma ATE (Taiwan), Good Will Instrument (Taiwan), Rohde & Schwarz (Germany), Tektronix (US), Kikusui Electronics (Japan)