DECT System Market Outlook – 2027
DECT stands for digital enhanced cordless telecommunications. It is a wireless standard that is used very often for landline telephones. A DECT system has two components, which communicate constantly with each other; these two components are a base station, also termed as the fixed part, and other one is a handset or portable part. They are often used in different areas such as offices, homes, and public places for communication. Through radio waves base station interacts with handset and works within a specified range. The DECT market is driven by growing adoption of advanced technology and easy portability. Reduced cost of DECT systems due to mass production also permits DECT to enter the wired fixed phone replacement market.
The global DECT system market is segmented on the basis of type, sales channel, application, industry vertical, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into DECT and DECT 6.0. In terms of sales channel, the market is categorized into online and offline. On the basis of application, the market is divided public places, residential, and offices. In terms of industry vertical, the DECT system market is segregated into building & construction, IT & telecom, healthcare, aerospace & defense, industrial, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Global DECT system market forecast has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new automotive NFCs as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on DECT system market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for automotive NFCs are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced automotive NFCs to enhance efficiency.
Top Impacting Factors:
DECT technology has dominated the cordless phones market by taking over the majority of analog phones over the last few years. Improved safety feature and the better voice quality in addition to the features such as remote message pickup from the handset, call waiting, caller ID and bidirectional paging drives the market growth. Gains market share due to the replacement of old analog technologies and the reduction of the market share of voice-based digital technologies over IEEE 802.11.
However, the interference caused by other signals and the widespread use of smartphones over DECT phones significantly impedes DECT system market growth. IP DECT is a technology that allows wireless phone functions to be used with IP technology and existing IP networks by means of the DECT standard. The solution is best suitable for large organizations with high-capacity IP networks to reach wider areas and divisions with a wireless telephony system.
Coronavirus Crisis Fueled Demand for High-Tech IP DECT Phones in Hospitals
In hospitals there is a surge in demand for high-tech IP DECT phones, owing to growth in number of COVID-19 (coronavirus) patients, particularly in Europe and the U.S. As such, the healthcare sector is anticipated to produce the second-highest revenue in the market for IP DECT phones. In the current COVID-19 crisis, frontline healthcare workers benefit from the introduction of new handsets which deliver voice communications.
Users Mobilize Voip Technology in Companies and Shops
In the DECT system market landscape, consumer-tested and cordless IP DECT Phone solutions are gaining global recognition. High-tech handsets allow users to mobilize their VoIP networks in, among others, small and large businesses, warehouses, and retail stores. In addition, small business revenue is forecast for exponential growth on the global DECT systems market.
Leading players in the market for DECT systems Industry are progressively advancing their manufacturing capabilities to launch headsets which connect with phones for providing the simplified user experience. Also, they are adopting various strategies and tapping up efforts to enable users to customize audio headset settings with new DECT systems market.
In addition to on-site and cloud solutions, companies are growing their efficacy in multiplatform firmware versions of devices that can be incorporated with licensed third-party providers UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service).Increasing product launches enhances the expansion of the DECT system market for IP DECT phones. Innovative push-to-talk features are capturing users ' attention in residential environments for instant communication.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global DECT system market trends along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global DECT system market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global DECT system market opportunity.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global DECT system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the DECT System Market Research Report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the DECT system market size?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the DECT system market share?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Dect System Market Report Highlights
By Sales Channel
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Polycom, Grandstream, Avaya, Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, Panasonic, NEC, Mitel, Yealink, Gigaset