Ammunition is an object that can be discharged from a weapon. Types of ammunition include bullets, bombs, land mines, missiles, grenades, and others. The size of ammunition is expressed in terms of calibre (measured in millimetres or inches). Ammunition are designed according to the weapons from which it would be used. Ammunition which are less than calibre 20 mm are categorized as small arm and larger calibre ammunition are considered as artillery. A complete round of ammunition includes all the components essential for firing of the gun or weapon, such as projectile, propellant, and a primer (use to ignite the propellant). Artillery ammunition can be classified into high-explosive, armoured piercing, nuclear, chemical, and anti-personnel.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- Due to COVID-19 situation, the research & development in defence ammunition companies across the globe has been hampered due to declared lockdowns and government restrictions on public gatherings.
- As governments spending shift toward economic recovery due to COVID-19 pandemic, industries may experience reduction in quantity of order for defence ammunitions.
- Production rate of defence ammunition making companies have been affected adversely due to COVID-19 situation.
- Defence ammunition companies facing the temporary operational issues due to the restrictions on site access, imposed by government authorities to contain the spread of virus.
- Post COVID-19, global ammunition market will witness a significant growth as several countries have either already ordered or planning to procure defence ammunition for their forces.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Increasing military budget in developing countries, growing terrorism activities, and rising geopolitical disputes & conflicts among neighbouring countries are some of the major factors that drive the defence ammunition market. However, formulation & stringent implementations of gun control legislation are hampering the market growth. On the contrary, development of lightweight ammunition and increasing research & development to develop advance ammunition will contribute further in the growth of global defence ammunition market.
Development of lightweight ammunition
Focus on the development of lightweight ammunition resulted in replacement of brass-case bullets from polymer-case bullets. Such replacement has resulted in reduction of 40% weight of ammunition while maintaining its impact. Such polymer-case bullets are lighter as compared to conventional bullets, which will increase the efficiency of troops in operations. Hence, the development of lighter ammunition will contribute significantly in the growth of the global defence ammunition market in the future.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global defence ammunition industries along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global defence ammunition market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight the global defence ammunition market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global defence ammunition market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the defence ammunition market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global defence ammunition market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Defence Ammunition Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Nammo AS, Rheinmetall AG, Thales Group, BAE Systems, Denel SOC Ltd, General Dynamics Corporation, Olin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Hanwha Group., VISTA OUTDOOR OPERATIONS LLC., ST Engineering