Defense Communication System Market Outlook – 2027
Communication is the most important tool for any defense and military of a country. Troops receive information and instructions from the command centers using these communication systems. The military and the country both will be affected by the damage caused due to loss of communication. So, the defense communications systems were developed as any advancement made in the communication channel in these systems. Counter technology to interfere the channels were also developed. The global defense communication system market is experiencing a significant growth, and is anticipated to grow considerably in the next few years.
The global defense communication system market is segmented on the basis of product type, communication type, component, application, end user, and region. Based on product type, the defense communication system market is bifurcated into systems and services. In terms of communication type, the market is categorized into underwater communications, shipborne communications, airborne communications, ground-based communications, and air-ground communications.
On the basis of component, the market is divided into defense SATCOM systems, defense security systems, defense radio systems, and communication management systems. In terms of application, the market is categorized into routine operations, command & control, situational awareness, ISR, and others. On the basis of end user, the market is segregated into naval forces, land forces, and air forces. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global defense communication system industry include Cobham, Iridium Communications, BAE Systems, Inmarsat, Rockwell Collins, Rolta India, Viasat, General Dynamics, L3 Technologies, Leonardo, and Others. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
Top Impacting Factors
The major drivers that lead to the defense communication system market growth are increased applications of IoT technologies and increased sensor systems used in battlefields. But, collaboration & interoperability between defense agencies, spectrum allocation, changing nature of operations, rapidly changing technologies, and inadequate funding by the government hinder the market growth.
But, adoption of special satellites for communication services, adoption of Mobile Ad-hoc Networks, miniaturization of devices, development of powerful and energy efficient defense communication devices are expected to fuel the market growth further.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
IRIS Forms 5.6 was launched by Systematic in 2018. It simplifies complex information and supports complex geometries. Thus, this system makes it easier for defense and military organizations to manage, comprehend and analyze information. Also, new features for its SitaWare suite were developed by Systematic in 2018. It is a leading control and command software.
A new map mode that brings 3D functionality to the system is added to the enhanced SitaWare 6.7. It brings improved visualization while maintaining the same information as defense users can switch from the standard plane view into 3D format. Thus, these systems of Systematic flourished the defense communication system market.
Surge in Usage By Land Forces
Manufacturers have been focusing on producing new products for specific applications as there are varying demands based on the utilization. Leading market players have determined how improved features can be influential in many applications. As modern battlefields are complex environments where large number of data needs to flow without any disruption, Defense Communication systems are widely used by the
It also protects from breaches by enemies. The transfer of essential information between land forces is mostly carried out by ground based communication systems. This helps them to execute routine operations and stay updated about the situation at the battlefield.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global defense communication system market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global defense communication system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global defense communication system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global defense communication system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- COVID-19 has created major concerns and hardships amongst people and businesses across the globe.
- Most companies have business continuity plans but those plans are not fully operational.
- The ongoing crisis will demand better defense communications and networking infrastructure due to the advancement of technology. This is anticipated to increase infrastructure and security risks for communication providers.
- The global supply chain has been affected as the manufacturing and delivery of the network equipment will be delayed. Moreover, the projects of adopting highly advanced communications networks will be delayed further.
- Defense communication providers must be prepared to face the challenges from the uncertainty caused by the pandemic.
Questions Answered in the Defense Communication System Market Research Report
- What are the leading market players active in the defense communication system market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the defense communication system market size?
- How the current defense communication system market trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Defense Communication System Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
NEC Corporation,, Honeywell International,, Cisco Systems,, Altronix,, Harris Corporation,, Thales Group., Elbit Systems,, Northrop Grumman Corporation,, BAE Systems,, General Dynamics,