A dehydrating breather is the device used to resist atmospheric moisture from coming in contact with electronic devices and the oil compartment especially in a transformer. Generally, silica gel is used as a dehydrating agent due to its superior moisture observing properties. The dehydrating breather is filled with silica gel, which absorbs moisture produced during the operation of the transformers. It is often a cylindrical vessel fixed and the opening of a transformer that wraps the moisture from getting into it. The dehydrating breathers are also attached with the oil traps to prevent contact from moisture and extending its life along with lowering the maintenance costs.
Market scope and structure analysis:
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Type, Desiccant Volume, Industry Vertical, and Region
North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, the UK, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and rest of LATAM), and the Middle East and Africa
Hubbell, Qualitrol Corporation, AGM Container Controls Inc., Maschinenfabrik Reinhausen, Siemens, Des-Case, Maier GmbH, HAMP, ABB, and BTRAC Ltd
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected the global dehydrating breather market.
- Due to the nationwide lockdown imposed by the governments to contain the virus, most of the commercial places are shut down. As a result, the demand for electric energy went down drastically, thereby affecting the grids and the demand for dehydrating breathers in the market.
- Moreover, the restrictions on national and international transport have also created a severe lack of workforce in most of the grids. As a result, there is decrease in the maintenance activities of the transformers causing a lowering in demand for dehydrating breathers in the market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The rapid technological development has propelled the use of transformers around the world. As a result, there is a need for keeping the electrical equipment in a good condition to continue efficient power transmission and maintain a stable distribution infrastructure. This has played a major role in driving the growth of the dehydrating breather market. The rapid escalation in the usage of transformers has propelled the demand for dehydrating breather to increase the durability of devices. On the other hand, surge in the production of renewable energy across the globe has resulted in the escalating demand for step-up and step-down transformers in the market. This increase in the applications of transformers is also expected to boost the demand for dehydrating breathers in the near future. Moreover, the low maintenance cost and the efficiency of dehydrating breathers also add to the growth of the market. However, the introduction of dry type transformers as an alternative has somewhat restricted the growth of the global dehydrating breather market.
The market in the Asia Pacific region holds a major share of the global dehydrating breather market due to rapid infrastructural development and massive investments in the power transmission sector in the emerging economies of the region. The market in North America and Europe is also expected to grow significantly with the growing demand for dehydrating breather in developed countries such as the U.S.
Key segments covered:
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global dehydrating breather market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global dehydrating breather market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the global dehydrating breather market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Dehydrating Breather Market Report Highlights
By Desiccant Volume
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Maschinenfabrik Reinhausen, ABB, Maier GmbH, Hubbell, Qualitrol Corporation, Des-Case, HAMP, BTRAC Ltd, AGM Container Controls Inc, Siemens