Demerol (meperidine), chemically known as ethyl 1-methyl-4-phenylisonipecotate hydrochloride, is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes referred to as narcotics. Opioids are drugs that act on the nervous system to relieve pain. The term opioid refers to all substances (exogenous or endogenous) with morphine-like properties. Meperidine is used to treat moderate-to-severe pain.
The growth in the incidence of infectious diseases & chronic pain are anticipated to augment the market growth. A rise in disposable income and surge in global geriatric population are expected to propel the global demerol (meperidine) market. However, emergence and legalization of alternative treatments of opioids such as cannabis impede the growth of the market.
The global demerol (meperidine) market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and geography. Based on product type, it is bifurcated into powder and liquid. On the basis of application, the market is divided into anaesthesia, cough treatment, and diarrhoea treatment. By geography, it has been analysed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Purdue Pharma, Egalet Corporation, Boehringer Ingelheim, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Sanofi, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc., Actavis PLC, and Pfizer, Inc. have been provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided to determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of demerol (meperidine) in medical settings
Demerol (Meperidine) Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Egalet Corporation, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc., Actavis PLC, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Boehringer Ingelheim, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Purdue Pharma, Pfizer, Inc.