Dengue is a mosquito-borne infectious disease that affects both animals and humans, it is caused by the dengue virus that belongs to the family of Flaviviridae and genus Flavivirus. It transfers or infects from human to human through the bite of the Aedes Aegypti mosquito which is infected. High fever, fatigue, headache, diarrhea, muscle pain, skin rashes, anemia, and vomiting are some of the symptoms of dengue. Dengue in severe form causes seizures, yellow skin, coma and even death. It has a high mortality rate and can cause serious complications in neurology. Dengue causes manifestations of CNS which include any degree of abnormal neurological signs, impaired consciousness, delirium & generalized & localized convulsions.
There are several tests and procedures to check the severity of dengue and its treatment, including detecting antibodies to the virus or RNA. There are various causes of the event of dengue for which effective and multimodal treatment is required. Vaccines are considered to be the most effective treatment approach for dengue among the effective treatments. TVD, TV005, TV003, TDENV are some of the vaccines under clinical trials that have shown promising effective results. TV003 vaccine by the Butantan Institute which is a live attenuated vaccine is likely to drive the market in the upcoming days.
COVID-19 SCENARIO ANALYSIS
- As there has been the launch of COVID-19 vaccines across the globe, vaccine safety communication has become relevant more than before. Companies in vaccine production are creating awareness about the dengue vaccines.
- The consequences of lockdown and government-enforced restrictions as a result of the coronavirus have been felt heavily by businesses across all industries. Both the private healthcare sector and health businesses, which rely on close physical contact with their clients, have been significantly affected.
- Many small hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes have been forced to shut their operations. The result of social distancing and localized curfews have resulted in delayed procedures. In addition, visa cancellations have led to a hiatus in medical tourism and can negatively impact the healthcare services dengue vaccines market growth.
TOP IMPACTING FACTORS: MARKET SCENARIO ANALYSIS, TRENDS, DRIVERS AND IMPACT ANALYSIS:
World Health Organization has recommended that the vaccine of dengue should be given only to the person who has confirmed prior history of infection of the virus. The vaccine to prevent dengue has been licensed and available in only some of the countries for people between the ages of nine and 45.
For Instance, Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccine manufacturer in 2017 has announced that the individuals who receive the vaccine and those who did not previously have the infection by the virus can face the risk of developing severe dengue if infected after being vaccinated.
Disrupted sanitation services, curtailed water supply, low hygiene environment led to conditions that assist mosquito proliferation and breeding, while the continuous long duration of warm temperature leads to active mosquito season for growth of mosquitos. Another factor like climate change is predicted to boost the rise of demand for the global dengue vaccines market. The market of the emerging economies such as India, China in Asia-Pacific is likely to boost the market in the long run.
Hospitals, online pharmacies, drug stores, retail pharmacies are to held the largest share of the dengue vaccines market due to access to the outpatient department (OPD) easily to buy medicines. Online pharmacies are likely to witness lucrative growth due to rising awareness among the people and penetration of the internet among the people is likely to grow the market.
Other factors that are likely to drive the market of the dengue vaccine are the increase in the prevalence of dengue, the convenience of direct purchase, rise in novel drug treatment, affordability of vaccine, acceptance and high adoption in emerging economies with development in vaccines are likely to drive the market. Restraints such as stiff competition among the competitors for the development of vaccines, rise in side effects due to vaccines, complications due to misdiagnosis or incorrect self-diagnosis, lack of knowledge and awareness among the people among the rural people in underdeveloped and developing economies.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global dengue vaccines market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global dengue vaccines market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global dengue vaccines market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global dengue vaccines market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN THE DENGUE VACCINES MARKET RESEARCH REPORT
- What are the leading market players active in the dengue vaccines market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Dengue Vaccines Market Report Highlights
By Route of Administration
By End User
Key Market Players
Merck & Co. Inc., Medigen Vaccine Biologics Corporation., Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd, Biological E Ltd, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, GeneOne Life Science Inc, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Panacea Biotec Limited, Sanofi Pasteur Limited