Dental 3D scanners are used to scan teeth using laser or light source. The image created using 3D scanners are processed into computer for further use. These images are combined with CAD or CAM system, or a 3D printer to create perfect fitting prosthetics and dentures.
Rise in demand for dental procedures, increase in geriatric population, and benefits associated with 3D scanners such as better fittings products and reduction in operation costs drive the market. However, availability of substitute products and high price of devices restrain the market growth. Opportunities in the emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and LAMEA provide growth prospects for the market.
The report segments the global dental 3D scanners market based on product, type, end user, and region. Based on product, it is divided into desktop or laboratory 3D dental scanners, intraoral 3D dental scanners, hand-held 3D dental scanners, and cone beam computerized tomography (CBCT). Based on type, it is classified into 3D dental light scanner and 3D dental laser scanner.
By end user, it is categorized into hospitals and dental clinics. By geography, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players operating in the market include 3Shape, Align Technology, Inc., Amann Girrbach, Asahi Roentgen Ind. Co., Ltd., Carestream Health, Condor, Densy3D, Dental Wings, Kulzer, and Straumann.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading players across various regions.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions are provided that helps determine the prevailing opportunities in these regions.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidates the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
Dental 3D Scanners Market Key Segments:
- Desktop or Laboratory 3D Dental Scanners
- Intraoral 3D Dental Scanners
- Hand-held 3D Dental Scanners
- Cone Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT)
- 3D Dental Light Scanner
- 3D Dental Laser Scanner
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA