A dental bonding agent is a low-viscosity material that on application to the surface of a tooth sets into a thin film, bonding firmly to the surface of the tooth. The practice of dental bonding started in 1950s and has witnessed several innovations till date. In its nascent stage of development, only phosphorus esters were used for bonding. Currently, a dental bonding agent procedure involves conditioning, followed by priming and then bonding.
Rapid increase in geriatric population, improvement in the aftercare facilities for dental procedure, and increased expenditure from developed classes for dental treatment drive the dental bonding agent market. However, high treatment costs restrict the market growth. Moreover, rise in awareness about dental bonding procedure in developing economies presents a major opportunity for growth.
The global dental bonding agent market is segmented based on type, end user, and region. Based on type, it is bifurcated into self-etch and total-etch varieties. The end user segment is classified into hospitals, dental clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global dental bonding agent market focus have adopted mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships as their key market strategies to strengthen their market reach.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- DENTSPLY International
- Sirona Dental Systems
- Smith & Nephew
- Danaher Corporation
- BISCO Dental Products
- Shofu Dental Corporation
- Pentron Clinical
- DMG America
- GC America Inc.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of each market segment from 2016 to 2023 to assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region- and country-wise dental bonding agent market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
Dental Bonding Agent Market Key Segments:
By End User
- Dental Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA