Dental bone graft substitutes market is expected to grow in upcoming years due to factors such as rise in incidence of dental ailments, increase in geriatric population across the world and rise in prevalence of teeth implants.
Dental bone graft substitutes are used in repair of bone loss with help of bone graft procedure. Bone grafting procedure is performed during the periodontal procedures for saving the tooth or at the time of dental implant procedure for replacing the tooth. Dental bone graft substitutes are useful in packing the space that is left by the missing bone and for restoring the growth of a new bone. Dental bone graft substitutes are used in various clinical procedures such as osteogenesis, socket filling and preservation of ridge volume. They also help in wound healing. These are bioresorbable and non- reactant to the antigen -antibody.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
To take care of infected population the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Considering these factors, COVID -19 is expected to have a significant impact on dental bone graft substitutes market.
Top Impacting factors:
- Factors such as increase in dental problems and rise in geriatric population across the world is expected to boosts the growth of the dental bone graft substitutes market.
- Increase in prevalence of dental implants due to benefits such as less pain and no side effects in bone grafting technique is expected to rise the dental bone graft substitutes market growth.
- Advancements made in the technology and increased use of surgical procedures in dental implants has increased the growth for the dental bone graft substitutes market.
- However, high cost associated with the surgery and chances for failure in implantation of tooth are expected to hinder the growth for the dental bone graft substitutes market during the forecast period.
New Product Launch / News:
- In May 2020, a new recipe for a bone-graft biomaterial that is super-cooled before application should make it easier to meet dental patients' expectation of a good-looking smile while eliminating the pain associated with harvesting bone from elsewhere in their body (The findings were published in the Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials on Apr 2, 2020).
- In March 2020, Bonesupport, an emerging leader in orthobiologics for the management of bone injuries, announced that the company will submit a De Novo application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to obtain the approval for the company's antibiotic-releasing product CERAMENT G.
- In 2018, Datum Dental, leading provider of OSSIX brand innovative solutions for bone and tissue regeneration for dentistry, announced major regulatory clearances for OSSIX Bone with CE Mark in Europe and Health Canada approval. Powered by the company's patented clinically proven GLYMATRIX core technology, OSSIX Bone received FDA clearance in July 2017 and was launched commercially during 3Q2017 in the U.S.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the dental bone graft substitutes market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the investments.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the dental bone graft substitutes market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed dental bone graft substitutes market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Dental Bone Graft Substitutes Market Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in Dental Bone Graft Substitutes Market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the dental bone graft substitutes market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What segments and regions will drive the dental bone graft substitutes market growth & why?
Dental Bone Graft Substitutes Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End users
Key Market Players
ACE Surgical Supply Company, Geistlich Pharma AG, BioHorizons IPH, RTI Surgical, Dentsply Sirona, Zimmer Dental Inc, Institut Straumann., LifeNet Health