Dental computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) are automation technologies that are utilized in a variety of treatments with the goal of restoring the original shape and appearance of the teeth. By boosting the speed of design and manufacture, as well as the compatibility and ease of the design, construction, and insertion procedures, dental CAD/CAM supplements earlier technologies that were utilized for these dental resolves. A ready tooth model is scanned with this technique, and the necessary prosthesis is created.
Chairside CAD/CAM systems offer distinct advantages over laboratory systems, including enhanced patient comfort, shorter process times, and higher quality at a faster rate.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the dentistry business due to a decrease in patient visits to dental professionals to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. In addition, a considerable number of elective surgical procedures pertaining to dental restorations have been postponed, reducing the demand for CAD/CAM systems. Due to lower product sales and the postponement of dental laboratory upgrades, key players in the market have reported a decrease in revenue. According to Dentsply Sirona's Quarterly Update from mid-March, the COVID-19 epidemic impacted the market dynamics for both dental practitioners and their patients.
Top Impacting Factors
The global cosmetic dentistry market is being driven by consumer demand for tooth whitening, veneers, tooth-colored inlays, tooth-colored on lays, tooth-colored crowns, and bonding. This, in turn, is fueling the growth of the global dental CAD-CAM market.
In addition, rise in geriatric population, usage of digital dentistry, and increase in need for personalized implants are expected to boost the growth of the global dental CAD-CAM market.
Market growth is being fueled by an increase in the prevalence of conditions that necessitate the use of prosthetics, as well as a massive increase in public and private sector awareness campaigns about oral hygiene, dental procedures, and the importance of dental CAD/CAM systems.
Surge in edentulous population, rise in disposable income, increase in tooth loss due to oral ailments, rise in desire for a better feel, surge in interest in cutting-edge dental arrangements, increase in interest in effortless medicines, and little seat time are the opportunities for dental CAD/CAM market.
However, the advent of new technology, combined with a scarcity of experienced labor, are the primary causes of the high cost of computer-aided design and manufacturing, which will limit market expansion.
New product launches to flourish the market
- In March 2020, Align Technology, Inc. announced the acquisition of exocad Global Holdings GmbH, a global leader in designing dental CAD/CAM systems. This will help Align Technology strengthen its product portfolio.
- In April 2019, Smile Innovations Group Incorporated (SIG) introduced Digital One Dental (DOD), a milling/3D printing company and dental laboratory solutions provider of CAD/CAM systems. This launch will help the parent company provide fully integrated digital dental solutions.
- In September 2018, DGSHAPE Corp., one of the subsidiaries of Roland DGA, introduced its new DWX-42W Wet Dental Mill for dental CAD/CAM system.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Dental CAD/CAM along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Dental CAD/CAM market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Dental CAD/CAM market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Dental CAD/CAM market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Dental CAD/CAM Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Dental CAD/CAM market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Dental CAD/CAM "?
- What is "Dental CAD/CAM " Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Dental CAD/CAM " Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Dental CAD/CAM " Market report?
Dental CAD/CAM Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Biomet 3i (U.S.),, DeguDent GmbH (Germany),, Sirona Dental Systems, Inc. (U.S.),, Danaher Corporation (U.S.), Ivoclar Vivadent AG (Principality of Liechtenstein),, Zimmer Holdings, Inc. (U.S.),, Dentsply International (U.S.),, 3M ESPE (U.S.),, Nobel Biocare Holdings AG (Switzerland),, BioHorizons, Inc. (U.S.),, Straumann (Switzerland),