Dental carpule is a cartridge that contains liquid medicine. It is inserted into the teeth during dental procedures. It is inserted with the help of a syringe and comes with a puncturable cap and a sliding plug. It is often covered with a plastic coating and finds its applications in delivering dental anesthetics. In addition, they are designed as single-use devices to be used on one patient and then disposed. The disposal is important due to the fact that even after sterilization, the carpule may induce paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation). Neurotoxicity may be a factor owing to the local anesthetics that often have the potential to cause it.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Medical Device Market
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in the Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of the infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment, including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. An increase has been witnessed in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and the civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize on this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure an adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the dental carpule market.
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in the incidence of dental diseases is one of the most significant factors that have escalated the market growth of dental carpules. In addition, increase in awareness about dental procedures, growth in dental tourism, and the rise in need for the safe administration of injectable dental drugs to patients with dental problems are some of the factors responsible for the growth of dental carpule market.
With time, a rise in demand for painless dental surgeries to treat the rising number of cases of tooth restoration and dental root canal has been witnessed. This has helped increase the use of dental carpules in the dental industry, thereby fueling the market growth.
Rise in the reach and expansion of dental insurance coverage in developed nations is one of the major factors that can drive the dental carpule market growth during the forecast period.
Modernization in the machinery and equipment used for dental procedures along with rise in technological advancements in the field of dentistry has further created new opportunities for the growth of the dental carpule market.
However, increased cost of various dental procedures and rise in stringent regulations for the use and distribution of anesthetic drugs are some of the factors that can impede the growth of the global dental carpule market.
Key Market Trends
In 2018, the U.S. dominated the global dental carpule market owing to the adoption of advanced treatment for dental procedures. Most of the procedures done in the U.S. include tooth extractions and also tooth removal through osteotomy.
U.S. has the presence of major market players who enhance their product portfolio with the help of strategic mergers and acquisitions. In addition, the country has seen an increase in the cases of dental disorders over the last decade. Furthermore, rise in expenditure on dental procedures and services by the Americans have fueled the dental carpule market growth.
In 2018, Europe stood second in the dental carpule market. This growth attributed to the increased number of untreated tooth decays in patients. Among all the European nations, Germany accounted for the largest share in the dental carpule market.
Asia-Pacific dental carpule market is expected to represent high growth potential during the forecast period. The reasons for this can be the continuous developments in dental technologies in nations such as China and India.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the dental carpule industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the dental carpule market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the dental carpule market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on the competitive intensity and how the competition is anticipated to take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Global Dental Carpule Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the dental carpule market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow ?
- What are the adoption trends for dental carpule in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is dental carpule?
- What is the prediction for the dental carpule market in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Dental Carpule Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Septodont Holding, Gilead Sciences, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Proficient Rx LP, AstraZeneca, Pfizer Inc, Merck & Co., Inc., Sanofi