Dental digital X-ray or dental digital radiography is a preventive as well as diagnostic approach in which X-rays pass through any soft tissue as in the gum and get absorbed by dense tissues that produce an image. Dental digital X-rays enable dentists to diagnose common dental problems such as cavities, disorders associated with the gums, and dental infections. Digital dental X-rays have become a preferred modality recently, as they are safer and more convenient when compared to conventional imaging techniques.
The prime factors that fuel the market growth are technological advancement in dental imaging techniques, increasing geriatric population, and convenient as well as quick diagnosis through dental digital radiography. In addition, the increasing number of dental disorders and growing demand for cosmetic dentistry drive the market growth. However, high costs of dental digital X-ray equipment and lack of reimbursements for dental care restrains the market growth. All the same, growing medical tourism and untapped regions will offer profitable opportunities for the growth of the dental digital X-ray market.
The report segments the market based on product, type, application, end user, and regions. Based on product, the market is segmented into digital X-ray systems and analog X-ray systems. Based on type, the market is segmented into extraoral X-ray systems, intraoral X-ray systems, and hybrid X ray systems. Extraoral X-ray system is further segmented into panoramic/cephalometric systems and cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) systems. Intraoral X-ray system is further segmented into digital sensors and photo-stimulable phosphor (PSP) systems. Based on application, the market is segmented into diagnostic, therapeutic, cosmetic, and forensic. Based on end user, the market is segmented into dental hospitals & clinics, dental academic & research institutes, and forensic laboratories. Based on region, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players in the dental digital X-ray market are Danaher Corporation, Carestream Health, Inc., Sirona Dental Systems, Inc., Planmeca OY, Vatech Networks, LED Dental (LED Medical Diagnostics), Yoshida Dental Mfg. Co. Ltd., Air Techniques, Midmark Corp., and Cefla S.C.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global dental digital x-ray market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product type elucidates various forms of global dental digital X-ray systems available.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- Regionally, the dental digital X-ray market has been analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Dental Digital X-ray Market Key Segmentation:
- Digital X-Ray Systems
- Analog X-Ray Systems
- Extraoral X-Ray Systems
- Panoramic/Cephalometric Systems
- Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) Systems
- Intraoral X-Ray Systems
- Digital Sensors
- Photo-Stimulable Phosphor (PSP) Systems
- Hybrid X Ray Systems
By End User
- Dental Hospitals & Clinics
- Dental Academic & Research Institutes
- Forensic Laboratories
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA