Dental equipment includes devices that are used to diagnose and treat dental conditions. Dental caries and periodontal disease are the dental conditions affecting a majority of the population. The aim of this report is to analyze the dental equipment market as the increasing demand for dental procedures is expected to fuel the demand for dental equipment. An in depth analysis of the market potential of all the products available have been included in the report.
The key drivers for this market include a rise in cases of dental conditions and an increasing demand for cosmetic dentistry. Widespread implementation of technology such as imaging and radiology will be possible only when the same is available at lower cost, which is a challenge for this market. Opportunities for this market lie in improving the present equipment by bringing in new technological innovations that would improve dental surgical procedures and allow more efficient and effective treatment.
Dental Equipment Market Analysis by Product Type
Dental equipment includes dental radiology equipment, dental lasers, systems, laboratory machines, hygiene maintenance devices and other equipment. Dental lasers are used for variety of purposes such as for removal of dental carries whitening and root canal procedures and hence, it would be in demand. The demand for CAD/CAM systems is expected to increase as these systems reduce the time for procedures, improve diagnosis and treatment outcomes.
Dental Equipment Market Analysis by Geography
The dental equipment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA. Currently North America and Europe are the major markets as awareness for oral diseases and an ageing population is contributing to the growth of these markets. However, Asia Pacific is an emerging region due to the adoption of innovative technologies, greater oral care awareness and growing medical tourism.
The companies in the dental equipment market include Sirona Dental Systems, Biolase Inc, Henry Schein, Inc., Danaher Corporation, Dentsply International, Inc., and GC Corporation. In February 2014, Sirona entered into an agreement with a Japanese dental company GC Corporation. According to this agreement, GC Corporation would be a material partner and would provide high quality materials for producing CAD/CAM restorations.
High Level Analysis
According to porters five force model, the bargaining power of the buyer is moderate in this market as there are many suppliers producing high quality dental equipment. However, there are companies also focusing on technological innovations and these products would be in demand. Threat of substitutes is moderate as the some of the dental equipment products are specifically designed for use in the treatment of dental conditions. Intensity of rivalry is high as competitors are many and some of the products are undifferentiated. The value chain analysis gives insights to the role played by each participant in the supply chain. The key investment pockets are analyzed in depth after taking into account the market estimations of each segment.
- Market segmentation based on product types would help in understanding growth prospects and help in understanding the requirement for different products
- In-depth analysis of drivers and opportunities for dental equipment market focuses on the growth of this market, which would help in business development
- Estimations for period of 2013-2020 have been given, taking into consideration the current market scenario and future trends, which would give a clearer idea of the potential of the market
- Market segmentation by geography identifies emerging regions where business can be expanded
- Porter’s five force model would enable a deeper understanding of the market, which would help in taking strategic decisions
The Dental equipment market is segmented by products and geography.
BY PRODUCT TYPE
- Dental Radiology Equipment
- Digital Sensors
- Digital x-ray units
- Analog (film based)
- Dental Lasers
- Diode Lasers
- Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers
- Quantum Well Lasers
- Heterostructure Lasers
- Vertical External Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers
- Distributed Feedback Lasers
- Quantum Cascade Lasers
- Separate Confinement Heterostructure Lasers
- Carbon Dioxide Lasers
- Systems & Parts
- Cast Machine
- Vacuums & Compressors
- Instrument Delivery Systems
- Cone Beam CT Systems
- Other System and Parts
- Furnace and Ovens
- Electrosurgical Equipment
- Laboratory Machines
- Micro Motor
- Ceramic Furnaces
- Electronic Waxer
- Hydraulic Press
- Suction Unit
- Hygiene Maintenance Devices
- Air Purification & Filters
- Hypodermic Needle Incinerator
- Other Equipment
- Scaling Unit
- Light Cure
- Hand Piece
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Asia Pacific