Dental pulp testers are used in a diagnostic and clinical method in dentistry to assist in securing the health of the dental pulp within the root canals of a tooth and pulp chamber. Such studies are important for assisting dentists to prepare a treatment program for the tooth being tested. There are two main kinds of dental pulp tests. Sensibility tests are based on sensory response and involve electric and thermal tests. Vitality tests involve tests like laser pulse oximetry or Doppler flowmetry. The diagnostic information received from pulp testing is then used along with a patient's history, radiographic and clinical findings to decide a diagnosis and prognosis of the tooth.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the dental pulp testers market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in adoption of pulp test for assessing pulp status following dental trauma, diagnosis of endodontic pathology, localization of tooth pain, the establishment of pulp health before prosthodontic treatment, differentiating between odontogenic and non-odontogenic pain, and rise in demand for minimally invasive procedure & advanced cardiovascular treatment and procedures drive the growth of the dental pulp testers market.
- In addition, increase in healthcare expenditure; availability of skilled professionals; rise in R&D activities to develop and launch novel devices in the market; and technological advancements in dentistry, are some factors, which boost the market growth for dental pulp testers.
- However, prolonged response to pulp tests shows side effects such as inflammation of the pulp and the degree of inflammation cannot be determined from these tests, a lack of knowledge for proper handling of the device as well as associated complications hinder the market growth.
Dental Pulp Testers Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
Parkell, one of the leading manufacturers in dental materials and equipment introduced the new Digitest 3 Pulp Vitality Tester. The Digitest 3 WORKS BY electrically stimulating the tooth to test for vitality. Dentists can be assisted about the source of the patient’s pain by comparing the response to the stimulus of the suspected tooth with a known healthy tooth’s response
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the dental pulp testers industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the dental pulp tester’s market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the dental pulp tester’s market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed dental pulp testers market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the dental pulp testers Report
- Which are the leading players active in the dental pulp testers market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the dental pulp testers market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the dental pulp testers market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Dental pulp testers"?
- What is "Dental pulp testers" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Dental pulp testers" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Dental pulp testers" Market report?
Dental Pulp Testers Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
PLANMECA OY, Hu-Friedy, Midmark Corporation, Ultradent Products, Inc., Dentsply Sirona, Aribex, Inc., 3M, Danaher Corporation, Carestream Dental, Instradent