Sweating and body odor are controlled by deodorant and antiperspirant ingredients. They are made up of scent carriers as well as anti-microbial agents. These ingredients give products more moisture, a longer shelf life and a variety of other advantages. They are commonly used to reduce body perspiration and avoid bacterial breakdown. Antiperspirants are personal hygiene products. These products use pore blocking agents like aluminum salts to reduce perspiration. Manufacturers are working on introducing new items in order to acquire a large portion of the market. Increase in people's usage of personal care product and disposable income is rising and the demand for deodorant and antiperspirant ingredients is rising. Deodorant and antiperspirant contain over 20 different ingredients, the most significant of which are conditioners, alcohol and moisturizer base and carrier substances, Propellants, Parables, Antimicrobials, Aluminum and Fragrances.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The deodorant and antiperspirant ingredients market was negatively affected due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic. The restrictions on migration, combined with a developing self-quarantine culture have resulted in a significant decrease in the usage of these products.
- Manufacturing of these items and products has come to a halt around the world due to the lack of raw materials, a manpower shortage. This has affected the deodorant and antiperspirant ingredient market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused the imposition of lockdown due to which the production of deodorant and antiperspirant ingredient decreased and the global supply chain was affected, this decreased the demand for deodorant and antiperspirant ingredient market.
- The deodorant and antiperspirant ingredient market faced downfall of revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
The worldwide deodorant and antiperspirant ingredients market is driven primarily by rising young demand for deodorant and antiperspirant products. The introduction of new and creative components as well as the cheaper cost of these products in comparison to other alternatives are driving the global deodorant and antiperspirant ingredients market. The use of new technology, high quality chemical and appealing packaging the consumer are actively adopting deodorant and antiperspirant. Increased consumer concerns about potential health risks associated with particular compounds used in deodorant and antiperspirant products can restrain the growth of the deodorant and antiperspirant ingredient market. Environmental issues may provide a challenge to the worldwide deodorant and antiperspirant ingredient industry.
- By 2020, Europe would have a firm grip on the deodorant and antiperspirant ingredients industry. Due to the rising use of smell goods in this region, this trend is projected to continue during the projection period.
- In developing countries like India, there is a surge in demand for deodorant and antiperspirant components. As a result, the Asia-Pacific market for deodorant and antiperspirant chemicals will grow quickly.
- Market players are adopting many strategies such as R&D activities, new product launch, acquisition, mergers, contract, agreement and partnership to expand their business.
- BASF disclose personal care solution based on the three dimensional of science in April 2017. Cetiol 4 is one of these products which is high quality robust soften which can be used in deodorant and antiperspirants.
- BASF launched a new range of bioactive ingredient for beauty market from Vietnamese Rambutan under the name Rambuvital in June 2019. This product hydrates and revitalize skin and hair. This product is also used as hair deodorant.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the deodorant and antiperspirant ingredients industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the deodorant and antiperspirant ingredients market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the deodorant and antiperspirant ingredients market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed deodorant and antiperspirant ingredients market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Deodorant and Antiperspirant Ingredients Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Avon Product Inc., Beiersdorf AG, Godrej Consumer Products Ltd, Henkel AG & Company KGaA, Procter & Gamble, Unilever Company, Shiseido, CavinKare Pvt. Ltd., L’Oreal Company