Dermatology is a field of medicine that is engaged in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of various skin, nails, hair diseases, pigmentation, acne, wrinkles, psoriasis, and others. Different techniques are used in dermatology such as topical & systemic medications, laser therapy, radio therapy, photodynamic therapy, vitiligo surgery, dermatological surgery, and others.
The major factor that contributes to the growth of the dermatological drugs market include increasing demand for topical dermatological drugs such as anti-inflammatory agents, anti-infective, local anesthetics, cleansers, and emollients to treat acne. The growing awareness about skin diseases, high demand for rapid diagnosis, high incidence of skin cancer & other skin disorders, and increasing disposable income further boosts the market growth. However, lack of awareness about the drugs and stringent government regulations restrain the market growth. The development of innovative products and increasing numbers of mergers & acquisitions by key vendors are expected to provide numerous opportunities for the market growth during the forecast period.
The dermatological drugs market is segmented on the basis of dermatological disease, drug type, route of administration, drug brand, and region. On the basis of dermatological disease, the market is segmented into acne, dermatitis, psoriasis, skin cancer, rosacea, alopecia, and others. Based on drug type, the market is bifurcated into prescription-based drugs and over-the-counter drugs. Based on route of administration the market is segmented into topical, oral, and parenteral administration. Based on drug brand the market is segmented into psoriasis drugs, skin infections drugs, dermatitis, acne drugs, and others. Psoriasis drugs are further segmented into Humira, Stelara, Enbrel, and others. Skin infections drugs are further sub-segmented into Cubicin, Zyvox, Valtrex, and others. Dermatitis drugs are further divided into Bepanthen or Bepanthol, Protopic, Dermovate, and others. Acne drugs include Solodyn, Epiduo, Claravis, and others. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Bayer AG, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer Inc., Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, AstraZeneca, Galderma S.A., Amgen Inc., AbbVie Inc., and Merck KGaA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global dermatological drugs market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global dermatological drugs market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global dermatological drugs market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global dermatological drugs market.
Dermatological Drugs Market Key Segments:
By Dermatological Disease
- Skin Cancer
By Drug Type
- Prescription-Based Drugs
- Over-the-Counter Drugs
By Route of Administration
- Topical Administration
- Oral Administration
- Parenteral Administration
- Skin Infections
- Dermatitis Drugs
- Bepanthen or Bepanthol
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."