Onychomycosis is a fungal infection of the fingernails or toenails, wherein the bed of the nail and the plate under the surface of the nail are affected. This infection makes the nail look white, opaque, thickened, and brittle. This condition is also prevalent in stratum corneum and hair. Onychomycosis infections are caused by members of the genera Microsporum, Trichophyton, and Epidermophyton, which are known as dermatophytosis.
The global dermatophytic onychomycosis market is driven by rise in prevalence of dermatophytic onychomycosis, increase in geriatric population prone to diabetes, sedentary lifestyle, surge in number of R&D activities, and high demand for aesthetic appearing nails. However, side effects of the antifungal drugs and lack of awareness about dermatophytic onychomycosis impede the market growth. Furthermore, growth in healthcare infrastructure, rise in awareness about fungal nail infections in emerging nations, and development of innovative novel technology and combination therapies are expected to provide numerous opportunities for market expansion in the near future.
The dermatophytic onychomycosis market is segmented based on product, route of administration, end user, and region. On the basis of product, it is bifurcated into nail paint and tablet. Tablet segment is further sub-segmented into prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) tablets. Based on route of administration, the market is categorized into topical and oral therapy. Based on end user, it is segmented into hospitals, dermatology & podiatry clinics, independent pharmacies, mail order pharmacies, and drug stores. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Galderma S.A., Moberg Pharma AB, Allergan Plc., GlaxoSmithKline plc., Sanofi S.A., and NovaBiotics Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global dermatophytic onychomycosis market with current trends and future estimations from 2016 to 2023 to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Dermatophytic Onychomycosis Market Key Segments:
- Nail Paint
- Prescription Tablets
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Tablets
By Route of Administration
- Oral Therapy
By End User
- Dermatology & Podiatry Clinics
- Independent Pharmacies
- Mail Order Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA