Dermatoscopy is a process of observing skin lesions with a device known as dermatoscope by dermatologists. A dermatoscope contains a magnifier, a transparent plate, non-polarised light source, and a liquid medium present between the device and the skin, which then produces digital images or videos.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the dermatoscope market include increasing prevalence of skin cancer disease, growing awareness about skin cancer, technological developments in R&D activities, and high demand for dermatology to enhance an individuals aesthetic appearance. However, factors such as presence of alternatives such as SPECT & PET and development of biological agents for melanoma detection may impede the market growth. High demand for the cosmetic industry and increasing numbers of skin cancers such as non-melanoma and melanoma are expected to provide numerous opportunities for the market growth during the forecast period.
The dermatoscope market is segmented on the basis of product, technology, method, application, and region. On the basis of product, the market is segmented into contact, hybrid, and non-contact dermatoscope. Based on technology, the market is segmented into LED, xenon, halogen, and ultraviolet. Based on method the market is segmented into hand-handled, trolley mounted, and headband. According to application, the market is divided into skin tumors, scabies, warts, fungal infections, and others. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Canfield Scientific, Inc., 3Gen, FotoFinder Systems, Inc., Optilia Instruments AB, Heine Optotechnik, AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc., Caliber Imaging & Diagnostics, Firefly Global, ILLUCO Corporation Ltd., and Welch Allyn.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global dermatoscope market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global dermatoscope market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global dermatoscope market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global dermatoscope market.
Dermatoscopes Market Key Segments:
- Contact Dermatoscope
- Hybrid Dermatoscope
- Non-Contact Dermatoscope
- Trolley Mounted
- Skin Tumors
- Fungal Infections
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA