Desk chairs tend to provide employees in workplaces and industries with a better level of comfort and flexibility. The conception of multifunction chairs by manufacturers is one of the primary cause that is resulting in high demand for these chairs. Today, organizations are focusing substantially on the newest technological breakthroughs in corporate chair design. The necessity for numerous varieties of desk chairs would boost the demand for business equipment and improve the needs for company housing. The growing need for the use of computers is encouraging the consumption of computer chairs in the specified locations in many industry sectors such as IT, telecom, education, and others. The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic had a partially negative effect on the desk chair market. The enforcement of lockdown by the government had restricted the consumers from moving out resulting in the complete closure of the corporate and educational sector. Therefore, the demand for chairs has eventually decreased from these sectors.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- As the COVID-19 pandemic has forced countries to enforce lockdown, the supply and distribution chain had disrupted. The shifting of activities in operations and vendor operations impacted the production. Hypermarkets/supermarkets and convenience stores were closed, creating a gap in demand and supply.
- The production process for desk chairs has become a challenge for companies due to the limited availability of labour, disrupted raw material supply and logistic issue.
- The demand for desk chairs has increased in households as consumers were restricted to their homes leading to a shift in remote working. This shift of working condition had raised the requirement for desk chairs as the consumers wanted to have a proper setup to work for long hours. The consumers do not want to comprise with comfort and affect their performance by the use of ordinary chairs.
Top Impacting Factors
- The corporate industry is one of the most prominent industries in the market. New businesses from over the world are entering the corporate sector resulting in a surge in demand for desk chairs. A desk chair is a vital piece of furniture that assists an employee and helps in the improvement of performance.
- High-range desk chairs are hampering the growth of the desk chair market as consumers are in a dilemma whether to invest or not to invest in high-range chairs.
- The increasing concerns regarding health and fitness in employees are affecting their performance at work. The health and fitness concern in employees is encouraging them to find alternatives. Ergonomic chairs are gaining popularity among employees, as the chair offers lumbar support and employees can work for hours sitting on it comfortably.
Ergonomic desk chairs are expected to increase sales.
The conventional desk chair leads to chronic pain in the back muscles, neck and arms. Chronic pain reduces the performance of employees by restricting them to limited use. Manufacturing companies are introducing ergonomically designed desk chairs with full-size lumbar support, seat side control, neck pillow and tilting capacity. Ergonomic desk chairs will attract consumers and will help to grow the desk chair market in upcoming years.
Companies are forming a partnership with MNCs to promote their product.
The manufacturing companies are forming a partnership with the MNCs to increase their sale. It is a strategy by which the employees will use the chairs at the desk, and when they experience the advantage, they can opt to purchase the chairs for their homes. Remote working is getting popular, and after the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has been part of the employee's daily routine.
Development in the chairs is expected to attract more consumers.
The introduction of desk chairs with added features such as broad armrest, vibration massager, heating pad and others will benefit the employees in every possible way. These new features are expected to be a game-changer in the desk chair market, and the popularity may increase sale. Every employee is fond of the comfort and convenience, both this benefit helps to increase the productivity in an employee.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the desk chair industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the desk chair market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the desk chair market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed desk chair market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the desk chair market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Desk Chairs Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Price Point
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
IKEA Holding, Omega HNI Corp, Herman Miller, Inc., Knoll, Inc., Kimball International, Inc., Steelcase, Inc., KOKUYO Co. Ltd., OKAMURA Corp, Haworth, Inc., BV, HNI Corp