Diabetes care market comprises of technologies, devices and therapeutics markets in relation to diabetes. As estimated by The World Diabetes Foundation, there would be 438 million people suffering from diabetes by 2030. Approximately 11.6% of the global healthcare expenditure is shared by diabetes care. In 2010, global expenditure on diabetes was $376 billion. Global diabetes management product market was valued $41 billion in 2012. Sedentary lifestyle and obesity are primary factors driving the diabetes care market. There has been a considerable rise in the number of diabetes cases globally over the last few years. Improper diet and sedentary lifestyle are the main risk-elevating factors. Currently, about 528.7 million people are suffering from obesity, which is a primary reason for development of diabetes in people.
Reimbursement issues would be the primary factor restraining market growth during the analysis period. In April 2013, CMS slashed the reimbursements provided for diabetes testing supplies. Further, third party reimbursements are restricted to the type of coverage they provide concerning devices, diagnosis and treatment of diabetes.
Key Players profiled in the report include Glaxosmithkline, Abbott Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson, Bayer AG, Novartis International AG, Roche, Sanofi, Takeda and Merck & Co. Ltd.
- Market analysis based on current market scenario and expected future trends to enable stakeholders take strategic decisions
- Analysis of the factors impacting the market to understand business opportunities
- Analysis of the market based on devices and geography as well as forecast from 2013 to 2020
- Identification of key investment pockets for various applications, services and geographies
- Identification of the key players and their strategic moves
- Implications of the regulations and reimbursement scenario in diabetes care
- Evaluation of market trends to provide deep-dive intelligence into every market segment
- Competitive analysis to effectively plan and execute business plan
- Micro level analysis based on application, service and geography
Top 10 Diabetes Care Devices Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Novartis International AG, Merck & Co. Ltd., Abbott Laboratories, Sanofi, Bayer AG, Calibra Medical, Inc., Roche, Glaxosmithkline, Johnson and Johnson, Takeda