Diabetes is a condition in which the blood sugar level is considerably high due to malfunctioning of the pancreas. Nephropathy refers to kidney damage or impairment. Diabetic nephropathy is a kidney glomerulus disease, which is one of the major complications in terms of morbidity and mortality for diabetic population. In early stages, the symptoms of diabetic nephropathy stay unknown. However, in later stages, major signs and symptoms occur, which include high blood pressure, ankle & leg swelling, vomiting, morning weakness, high level of blood urea nitrogen, increased albumin secretion in urine, nausea, and itching.
For treatment of diabetic nephropathy, disease modifying therapies that employ angiotensin II receptor blockers and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors are used. ACE inhibitors and ARBs provide superior protection to the kidney. Losartan, candesartan, and irbesartan are major ARBs, while ACE inhibitors such as lisinopril, captopril, enalapril, and ramipril help to decrease the amount of protein in the urine. Increase in investment in R&D for drug discovery and rise in awareness of diabetes & kidney-related disorder treatment are the major factors that are anticipated to boost the growth of the global diabetic nephropathy market. For instance, the American Diabetes Association organize regular programs to create awareness among diabetic population, and ensures all the patients can get the knowledge, best treatment, and care for diabetes management.
Surge in prevalence of diabetes & obesity, increase in R&D investments in drug discovery & development, and rise in awareness about diabetes & kidney-related disorders are some of the major drivers of the global diabetic nephropathy market. On the other hand, stringent regulatory requirements and longer approval time for drugs as well as a lack of comprehensive therapeutic management for diabetic nephropathy restrain the growth of the market. On the contrary, rise in usage of combination therapy is witnessing increased popularity in the diabetic nephropathy market. This is attributed to increase in the diabetic population and rise in incidence rates of various kidney diseases, which are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for market expansion.
The diabetic nephropathy market is categorized based on treatment type and region. By treatment type, the market is segmented into ACE inhibitors, ARBs, diuretics, calcium channel blockers, renin inhibitors, connective tissue growth factor inhibitors, antioxidant inflammation modulators, monocyte chemoattractant protein inhibitors, endothelin-A receptor antagonist, G protein-coupled receptors, and others. Region wise, the report identifies and analyses the market size and predictions for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The market is highly competitive in nature, with major players focused on creating awareness regarding the diabetic nephropathy. Major players in the diabetic nephropathy market host exhibition and seminars to display and promote the use of diabetic nephropathy for diverse medical applications. The prominent players in the market have adopted various strategies for development, such as product innovation, product launches & approvals, and investment in R&D for advancements in diabetic nephropathy, to sustain the competitive environment of the global diabetic nephropathy market. Some of the top key players operating in this market include Merck & Co, Bayer AG, Abbott, Sanofi, Novartis AG, Reata Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc., AbbVie Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, and Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current diabetic nephropathy market trends and diabetic nephropathy market forecast estimations, which assists to identify the prevailing diabetic nephropathy market opportunities.
- Diabetic nephropathy market analysis includes analysis of various regions is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global diabetic nephropathy market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise diabetic nephropathy market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current diabetic nephropathy market trends and future market potential in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the diabetic nephropathy market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps to understand the competitive outlook of global diabetic nephropathy market.
Diabetic Nephropathic Market Report Highlights
By Treatment type
Key Market Players
Merck & Co, Abbott, Eli Lilly and Company, Reata Pharmaceuticals, Bayer AG, Novartis AG, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, Pfizer Inc., AbbVie Inc., Sanofi