Diagnostic enzymes are type of enzymes or proteins that have special properties such as high specificity, and therefore behave as a biocatalyst to accelerate the chemical reactions & produce the desired results in a biochemical reaction. Owing to low requirement and high degree of specificity, these enzymes have witnessed a growth in demand in medical fields.
Rise in geriatric population that increases the patient pool for diagnosis of chronic diseases, growth in popularity of these enzymes in detection of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, cancer, pain & inflammatory disorders, adoption of advanced enzymes such as immobilized enzymes having higher stability, and increase in healthcare expenditures drive the market. However, safety concerns due to high susceptibility of enzymes toward contamination impede the market growth. Technological advancements to produce enzymes having advanced diagnostic features and high resistance against deterioration provides broad range of opportunities for the manufacturers in this market.
The global diagnostic enzymes market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, source, and geography. On the basis of product type, it is divided into carbohydrases, polymerases & nucleases, protease, and others. Based on applications, it is classified into biocatalysts, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, and research & biotechnology. According to source, the market is categorized into animals, microorganisms, and plants. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key companies profiled in this report include Spark Therapeutics, Inc., Genzyme Corporation, Aldevron, Kaneka Eurogentec S.A., Biovian, Brammer Bio, Cobra Biologics, FinVector Vision Therapies, Oxford Gene Technology, and Vigene Biosciences Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by country assists in understanding the regional trends.
- Key players and their strategies are analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Diagnostic Enzymes Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Polymerases and Nucleases
- Research & Biotechnology
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA