Antibodies are blood protein. Every specific antigen has a specific antibody manufactured by the body. They are generally called immunoglobulin and are usually in the shape of the Y structure. Upgrades in technology, especially in the field of genetic engineering manufacture help to introduce various antibodies, which are usually monoclonal antibodies. These are additionally efficacious and robust, which help in the betterment of the capacity of binding to an antigen. Moreover, this has proven productive when diagnostics tool are considered for the evaluation of the disease. Furthermore, the demand for diagnostic specialty has decreased lately due to the issues faced regarding antibodies that are not able to run a proper and smooth diagnostic test for regular diagnosis and high cost of monoclonal antibodies.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicines supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs, such as hydroxychloroquine, have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19.
- Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs as many developed countries are short of these drugs. The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19.
- Attributed to such factors, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
There is significant rise in the demand for diagnostic specialty antibodies in the past few years, owing to the accurate diagnosis provided by the device for a variety of diseases. A major change in lifestyle and evolution has been observed, which makes the population much more prone to various infectious and diseases. These diseases have the ability to spread at a higher rate and impact a large portion of society. Therefore, these are the major factors propelling the growth of the diagnostic specialty antibodies market.
The devices used for the antibodies diagnosis are helping on a large scale in the identification and halting the spread of diseases ultimately. Along with this recent research and development activities which are helping development technologies in the diagnostic specialty antibodies market which has brought a revolution in the treatment and diagnosis field.
New product launches and acquisitions to boost the market
On April 12th, 2017, Roche introduced a new monoclonal antibody for the diagnosis of prostate cancer. On January 3rd, 2017, Multiplicom NV was acquired by Agilent Technology, which helped it widen its portfolio in molecular diagnostics. On January 3rd, 2017, Sanofi and Boehringer Ingelheim entered into an agreement.
Surge in usage in hospital applications:
Hospitals and diagnostic laboratories are the major consumers of the diagnostic specialty antibodies market. Amongst them, the hospitals are the biggest end-user of the market due to the rise in the diagnostic specialty antibody products and the R & D of distinctive antibodies that work automatically in the private hospitals and universities as well.
Hospitals are helping in the in-training health officials and spreading awareness in regards to the deficiency of primary antibody. This helps in the betterment of patient care and helps in creating new opportunities for better treatment in the primary immunodeficiency disorders.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the diagnostic specialty antibodies market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the diagnostic specialty antibodies market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the diagnostic specialty antibodies market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the diagnostic specialty antibodies market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the diagnostic specialty antibodies market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Diagnostic Specialty Antibodies Market Report Highlights
By Antibody Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Aytu BioScience, Inc, Abcam plc, Abbott Laboratories, Agilent Technologies, Inc., Sanofi, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG