Diamond wire is a metal wire or cable impregnated with diamond dust of various sizes to cut through materials. Diamond wires are used for the mass production of sapphire and silicon. This wire significantly increases the productivity in cutting techniques and provides downstream benefits. It is originally an option for cutting composite materials and carbon fibers. Diamond wire undergoes several processes such as electroplating in which the diamond particles attach to steel wire. High abrasive density wire is available and used for some special applications in the market. The composition of the diamond wire is micron-sized particles of diamond beads and grains with a solid core wire.
COVID-19 impact analysis
- The global market for diamond wire is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply will further hamper the production rate diamond wire, which is expected to negatively impact the market growth during the forecast period.
- Owing to the suspension of ongoing activities in the industrial and commercial processes, the global diamond wire market is likely to see a temporary downfall.
- As more than 30% of the factories are on halt in a pandemic situation, the use of cutting machines is expected to witness a massive decline.
- In addition, the construction sector is experiencing a major decline in activities, due to dearth of workforce and raw materials, which, in turn, will hamper he growth of the global market. This is attributed to the fact that the construction sector is the largest end user of diamond wire.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The use of diamond wire in industries for high production of silicon and sapphire boosts the demand for diamond wire. In addition, rapid urbanization is the major driver of the industry, which led to increase in of constructional activities such as the building of residential houses and malls. This, in turn, augmented the demand for diamond wire. Furthermore, developing technologies such as artificial intelligence and IoT devices and research power will become the backbone for the industry. The usage of diamond wire in the market is an eco-friendly process, which significantly contributes toward the growth of the global market. However, the major restraints for the industry are the prices of the diamond wire and their costly equipment for the cutting process. Furthermore, increase in demand and supply gap of diamond wire due to the insufficiency of raw materials hampers the market growth.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the diamond wire market along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global diamond wire market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global diamond wire market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Diamond Wire Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
SCHMID, Metron, Diamond Puber, A.L.M.T, Henan Yicheng, Asahi Diamond, Tony Tech, Nakamur Chouckou, READ, Nortiake