Diaphragm pump or membrane pump is a type of positive displacement pump which uses a sequence of reciprocating action of diaphragm and valves to pump fluid. Diaphragm pumps consist of a diaphragm, driving mechanism, two valves and displacement chamber. These pumps are designed to handle varying pressure ranges and different flow rates. The inner surface of the pump is made up of raw materials like polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) or teflon. The emergence of diaphragm pumps market have also addressed the need for industry effluents disposal in a safe way. Properties like oil free pumping, high flexibility, high pumping speed, precise mechanics, self-priming capability and corrosion resistance have made these pumps ideal for industrial use. Diaphragm pumps are used in high pressure industrial applications in commercial, industrial and scientific fields. They are used as metering pumps in water treatment industry and as vacuum pumps in process operations of various industries like chemical, food & beverages and pharmaceuticals. Other applications include filter press, dewatering, spraying & cleaning and many more.
Increase in diaphragm pumps demand runs parallel with growth in water, chemical and wastewater & sanitation industries. Increasing industrialization activities, rising demand of proper sanitization, growing urbanization, organizations investing in water infrastructure, high living standards are the major factors driving diaphragm pumps market. Their low maintenance drive system and durability are additional factors adding to the growth of the market. The Asia-Pacific region accounts for a major share in this market. Pulsation associated problems and downturn in oil & gas industries can restrain the growth of this market though diaphragm pumps have scope for applications in power generation industry.
The report segments the diaphragm pumps market on the basis of mechanism, action, discharge pressure, end-user and geography. Based on mechanism, the market is segmented into mechanical, hydraulic, solenoid and air. On the basis of action, the market is divided into single acting or double acting. Based on the discharge pressure, the market is segmented into pressure up to 80 bar, 80 bar to 200 bar and above 200 bar. According to end-user industries, the market is classified into water & wastewater, ceramic, oil & gas, food & beverages, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. Asia-Pacific is leading the market in terms of demand and is expected to be leading in the future as well.
Further advancements like use of diaphragm pumps in artificial hearts, boats industry and its increasing use in process applications in several industries is helping the market to grow. Graco Inc. launched a double diaphragm pump Husky 1050e which consists of a combination of properties of air operated pumps and electric pump in 2015. Hillenbrand, Inc. acquired ABEL Pumps LP, leading manufacturer of diaphragm pumps to enter the flow control market in 2015.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Flowserve Corp. (U.S.), Dover Corp. (U.S.), Grundfos Pumps Corp. (U.S.), Alltech Dosieranlagen GmbH (Germany), SPX Corporation (U.S.), Seepex GmbH (Germany), Blue-White Industries Ltd (U.S.), Verder International B.V. (Netherlands), Depamu Pumps Technology Co., Ltd. (China) and Seko S.p.a (Italy) is also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Geographically, the diaphragm pump market is analysed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the world diaphragm pump market is provided. For instance, development in wastewater and chemicals industries, increasing industrialization activities and need for proper sanitation are major factors driving this market.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within diaphragm pump market is provided that helps in understanding the behaviour of the market.
- Leading market players within the diaphragm pump market are profiled in this report and their key developments in recent years are listed down.
DIAPHRAGM PUMP MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- Single Acting
- Double Acting
- By Discharge Pressure
- Up to 80 Bar
- 80 Bar to 200 Bar
- Above 200 Bar
- Water & Wastewater
- Oil & Gas
- Food & Beverages
- Others (Paint & Coatings, Automotive, Environment, Pulp & Paper, Textile, Biomedical, Mining)
- North America
- South Africa