The diaphragm valve or membrane valve includes a valve body with two or more ports, an elastomeric diaphragm, and a weir or saddle or seat, upon which the diaphragm closes the valve. The valve body can be made from plastic, metal, wood, or other materials depending on its intended use. The diaphragm valve is used to control the flow of gases and liquid and is integrated into diverse industries, such as chemical, water treatment, and power.
The global diaphragm valve marketplace is experiencing a great boon and is anticipated to develop notably in the coming years. A diaphragm valve is a form of workhouse used to control the flow and temperature of fluids in various industrial applications. Diaphragm valves help reduce maintenance costs, minimize the risk of contamination, control pressure drop, and provide better flow regulation for smooth processes.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of various products in the diaphragm valve market, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. The scenario was very different in 2020, but now things are normalizing since 2021.
- COVID-19 had already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and caused a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected due to the spread of the virus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, the potential impact of the lockdown is vague and the financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond to immediate crises and find new ways of working after the COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top Impacting Factors
The diaphragm valve is a category of workhouse used to regulate the flow and temperature of fluids in numerous industrial applications. They help cut down maintenance costs, lessen the risk of contamination, control pressure drops, and improve the flow regulation for smooth processes. They are mainly aimed at non-hygienic applications. One of the factors driving the market growth is the rise in demand from the radioactive waste management industry. These valves are used in numerous processes in plants to determine radioactive wastes safely. Radioactive wastes are divided into three types, namely low-level, middle-level, and high-level wastes, which can be carefully disposed of with the help of diaphragm valves. Furthermore, demand for electricity or energy is also growing due to the increase in population and speedy industrialization. In addition, electricity demand is likely to enhance the launch of new nuclear plants, which are the leading source of energy generation. These factors are projected to boost the global diaphragm valves market throughout the forecast period.
- Water treatment processes are typically high-purity applications, which require minimal contact with the valve body. Diaphragm valves are best suited for such applications, as they are ideal for conveying corrosive, abrasive media or media containing solids in suspension or in high-purity applications.
- In many applications of metal processing companies, deionized water (DI-Water) with very minimal conductivity values is required. The water can be treated economically for processes with an ion-exchange system. For instance, Gross Wasser Technik GmbH, based in Pforzheim, Germany, specializes in industrial water treatment plants and wastewater treatment.
- Solenoid-operated diaphragm valves are ideal for handling water both, in the intake and treatment process of wastewater, especially in sewage treatment, to remove contaminants from wastewater and household sewage.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the diaphragm valve market, the current trends, and future estimations to determine the imminent investments pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and detailed analysis of the diaphragm valve market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the diaphragm valve market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed diaphragm valve market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Diaphragm Valve Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Metso Corporation, Parker-Hannifin Corporation, Bray International Inc., Arita Valves Manufacturing Co., Ltd., SchuF GmbH, Nihon Kogyo Co., Ltd., Flowserve Corporation, Velan Inc., Samson AG, Mival S.p.A.