Dicamba is a chemical compound of organochloride and a derivative of benzoic acid. It is an herbicide used to control the growth of perennial weeds in croplands. It does not present any unusual handling hazards, however, can be moderately toxic when inhaled and ingested by humans. It can be applied for various types of crop such as cereals & grains, oil seeds & pulses, pastures, and forage seeds.
The demand for dicamba herbicides have significantly increased in the agricultural sector owing to the increasing need for secure food coupled with growing awareness of crop protection. In addition, the global rise in population has triggered the demand for dicamba to increase maximum crop yield coupled with high tax rebates on exports. Furthermore, dicamba herbicide has been considered as an alternative to glyphosate, which is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. Liquid dicamba herbicide formulations have witnessed the maximum demand in recent years owing to the increase in hose sprayers, air sprayers, and aerosol sprays in agricultural processes. Stringent regulations coupled with volatility associated with dicamba herbicides have hindered the market growth. However, R&D and advanced agricultural techniques are expected to augment the demand for dicamba market in the coming years.
North America is the leading region for the dicamba market followed by Europe. The global demand for dicamba herbicides in the agricultural application coupled with its export, especially from China, is expected to drive the market in Asia-Pacific.
The report on the global dicamba market is segmented based on form, crop type, application, and geography. Based on form, the market includes liquid and dry. Based on crop type, the market is segmented into cereals & grains, oil seeds & pulses, pastures, and forage crops. Based on application, the report includes agriculture, lawn & turf, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Top market players in the global dicamba market include Monsanto Company, BASF SE, Bayer Crop Science, E.I. Du Pont Nemours Company, Dow Chemicals Company, Syngenta AG, Nufram Limited, Aero Agro Chemicals Industries Ltd, SinoHarvest, Albaugh, LLC, and Shanghai Bosman Industrial Co, Ltd.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 that assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on the global dicamba market.
- In-depth coverage of the market including drivers, restraints, and opportunities helps professionals to better understand the market behavior.
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships, and acquisitions in the market is provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the market and assists strategists in better decision-making.
- Pinpoint analysis of geographical segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the market.
Dicamba Market Key Segments
By Crop Type
- Cereals & Grains
- Oil seeds & Pulses
- Forage crops.
- Lawn & turf
- Others (Forest, Garden, etc.)
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA