Dielectric Elastomers (DEs) belong to the electro active polymers family are also known as Smart materials or soft active materials. Dielectric Elastomers deform in the presence of stimulus which further delivers a function. DEs are being developed & commercialized as transducers and actuators for wide-ranging applications such as haptics, soft robotics, active braille display, adaptive optics, aerospace, medical, power generation, energy harvesting and others.
The global dielectric elastomer market is at a nascent stage which exhibits a high market potential and holds lucrative opportunities for market entrants. For bigger players in the DE market, technological advancements, extensive research and development and investments would largely help consolidate their position. Also, a deep knowledge and understanding of the competitors strategies would be beneficial for stakeholders.
The global DE report is segmented on the basis of material types, applications and geography. The various types of materials used for the manufacturing of dielectric elastomers are liquid metals, graphene, carbon nano tube, metallic nano-clusters, stimuli responsive gels, corrugated or patterned metal films. The dielectric elastomers find application across an extensive range of domains such as transducers, actuators and sensors. A microscopic analysis of the global market scenario sheds light on the market scenario across North America, Europe, APAC, and LAMEA.
The report provides detailed analysis of the major strategies adopted in the global DE market such as-collaboration, technological advancement, extensive research & development and new product launch. Recently, researchers from California, Los Angeles and China have discovered a dielectric elastomers rotary joint for the robotics and medical applications. In addition, for the development of Smart material technology, the University of Auckland and Fraunhofer a Stuttgart based company, announced a three year partnership for the development of a product named human exoskeletons, which would reduce workplace injury and assist stroke patients. Furthermore, New Zealand based IMeasureU along with German technologies has developed the concept of wireless inertial sensors. Stretch sensor limited-New Zealand, has adopted the product launch strategy by introducing stretch sensors as a platform for bionics applications which would find significant use in rehabilitive therapies.
This report highlights the internal environment of leading companies for strategy formulation. Some of the major key players in the global dielectric elastomers market are 3M Company, Bayer Material Science, Konarka Technologies Inc, Medipacs Inc, Danfoss group, IMeasureU, Stretch sensors limited, Kemet Corporation, and Eamex Corporation.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the Global Dielectric Elastomer market is provided in the report
- The projections in this report are made by analysing the current market trends and market potential for the period of 2014-2020, in terms of value
- An in-depth analysis of key segments of the global DE market demonstrate the type of materials that are currently used for DE manufacturing along with the variants that would gain prominence in future
- Key market players within the global dielectric elastomers market are profiled in the report and their strategies are analysed thoroughly, which helps in understanding the global competitive outlook
- SWOT analysis enables a detailed study of the internal environment of leading companies and helps in effective strategy formulation
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The Dielectric Elastomers can be segmented on the basis of-
Dielectric Elastomer Market By Material Type
- Liquid Metal
- Carbon Nano-tubes
- Metallic Nano clusters
- Stimuli Responsive gels
- Corrugated or Patterned metal films
Dielectric Elastomer Market By Application
Dielectric Elastomer Market By Region
- North America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- Latin America
- Middle East