Diesel fuel is any liquid, which has higher thermodynamics and fuel efficiency. It is used in diesel engines, whose fuel ignition takes place without any spark. Diesel fuel is composed of a mixture of hydrocarbons, which are obtained from petroleum such as biodiesel, biomass to liquid, or gas to liquid diesel. Diesel fuel is refined from crude oil and has better usable energy than gasoline. Diesel fuel is produced from animal fat, natural gas, and coal liquefaction techniques. Biodiesel fuels obtained from vegetable oils and its use result in a reduction of unburned carbon dioxide and carbon monoxides, while hydrogenated oils and dimethyl ether diesel fuel are synthetic and gaseous diesel, which project clean combustion. Diesel fuel is largely used in vehicles such as passenger and commercials type transport.
COVID-19 impact analysis
- The global market for diesel fuel is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The suspension in the transportation industry will lead to temporary downfall in diesel fuel market.
- As more than 50% of the vehicles are restricted and on halt in a pandemic situation, the market is expected to witness significant decline. This is attributed to the fact that this segment is the largest consumer of diesel fuel.
- Furthermore, the suspended movement of activities such as industrial supply chain activities may cause a decline of diesel fuel.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw materials for diesel production is expected to negatively hamper the market growth.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Diesel fuel exhibits various advantages such as lower maintenance, greater torque, low taxes, enhanced fuel economy. Thus, multiple benefits associated with diesel fuel boost the growth of the global market. Cars running on diesel fuel depreciate at a slower rate. Furthermore, diesel fuel does not require burning coal, which helps in saving money. Moreover, this fuel emits less carbon monoxide in the environment, which makes it ideal for use, thus boosting the market growth. However, increase in noise pollution characteristics hampers the demand for diesel fuel, globally. Diesel fuel is nosier than petrol engines and has higher viscosity, which makes diesel fuel cruder and messier. Thus, these factors hamper the growth of the diesel fuel market.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global diesel fuel market industry along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the diesel fuel market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the diesel fuel market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Diesel Fuel Market Report Highlights
By End user
Key Market Players
Bosch, TOYOTA BOSHOKU, MAHLE, Baowang, Denso, Fredenberg, Phoenix, ALCO Filters, YBM, Universe Filter