Diesel Particulate Filter Market Outlook 2027 -
Diesel particulate filters (DPF) helps in capturing particle emissions of all the soot particulates from exhaust gas emitted from a diesel engine. Diesel particulate filters also helps in ensuring compliance with very strict emission standards. Diesel filters are very effective in controlling solid part of particulate matter (PM) emission, but maybe ineffective in controlling non-solid particulate. Diesel filters have been commercialized for selected retrofit applications. Filters are on the verge of commercialization for highway light- and heavy-duty diesel engines. Thus, leading to the growth of the diesel particulate filter market in near future.
Market scope and structure analysis
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Substrate, regeneration catalyst, vehicle type, equipment type, and regeneration process
North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, the UK, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and rest of LATAM) and The Middle East and Africa
Faurecia, BASF, Tenneco, Eberspaecher, Johnson Matthey, Denso, Continental, Bosal, Friedrich Boysen and NGK Insulators
COVID-19 SCENARIO ANALYSIS
- Coronavirus pandemic impacts millions across the world and brings economies to a grinding halt.
- Coronavirus caused demand to fall lower, and remain at lower levels for much longer than in a usual year.
- The COVID-19 lockdown has led to cleaner air, but will do little to address the issue of air pollution in the long run.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the various operations and reduced the demand of diesel particulate filter market and will restart at only when situation is stable.
- The poor and most vulnerable will suffer most from both the health impacts and the economic crisis.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
The significant factors impacting the growth of the diesel particulate filter market are introduction of stringent emission regulations and increased demand for diesel engine in developing nations. However, shifting trend toward gasoline and hybrid propulsion in light duty vehicles in developed countries is expected to hinder the growth of the diesel particulate filter market. On the other hand, increase in demand for other particulate filters and introduction of active regenerative electronically controlled DPF is having a positive impact on the growth of this market.
Introduction of stringent emission regulations
Stringent emission regulation across the globe has enabled companies to develop emission free vehicles which reduces pollution. These regulations consist of two regulations i.e., emission regulation for on-road vehicles and for off road vehicles. Thus, with an introduction of these regulations, there is a growth of diesel particulate market in near future.
Increased demand for diesel engine in developing nations
With an increasing demand of heavy and luxury vehicles there is an increase in diesel operated vehicles. Moreover, more demand of diesel engines has increased the demand of diesel particulate market. This in turn has resulted in the growth of diesel particulate market in near future.
Key segments covered:
By substrate type
By regeneration catalyst
By regeneration process
By equipment type
By vehicle type
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of diesel particulate filter market share.
- The current market is analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed diesel particulate filter market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the diesel particulate filter market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Diesel Particulate Filter Market Report Highlights
By Substrate type
By Regeneration catalyst
By Regeneration process
By Equipment type
By Vehicle type
Key Market Players
Johnson Matthey, Bosal, Continental, Tenneco, Denso, BASF, Eberspaecher, Faurecia, Friedrich Boysen, NGK Insulators