Diethylene glycol (DEG) monobutyl ether, scientifically known as 2-(2-Butoxyethoxy) ethanol is an organic, flammable,colorless, odorless liquid having high boiling point. It is soluble in several organic solvents, including benzene, ethanol, acetone, and others.Diethylene glycol monobutyl ether is manufactured by the reaction of ethylene oxide and n-butanol in the presence of an alkaline catalyst. This organic liquid is majorly used as solvent for varnishes and paints and also in the chemical industry. DEG monobutyl ether has the ability to remove both water-soluble and water-insoluble greases and oils from surfaces.Therefore, it is extensively used in the production of detergents and other cleaning agents and also in the textile industry.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The diethylene glycol monobutyl ether market has been positively impacted by the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic to a great extent.
- After the advent of the global pandemic, there is a rising concern about hygiene and cleanliness among people around the globe. This has caused an escalation in demand for cleaning agents and consequently the demand for diethylene glycol monobutyl ether increased.
- However, the construction sector was one of the worst affected verticals of businesses. The demand for paints and coatings for construction activities decreased drastically.This has reduced the applications for diethylene glycol monobutyl ether in the market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The rapid industrialization across the globe has increased the applications for coatings, paints, and cleaners in the market. The growth in urbanization around the world has increased the number of construction activities and the application of paints and coatings. This has resulted in the escalation in demand for diethylene glycol monobutyl ether from the paints and coatings industry. On the other hand, DEG monobutyl ether also has the ability to remove grease and oil from the surface.Therefore, it is extensively used for formulating cleaning agents and detergents. Major companies, such as Procter and Gamble Co., have started to conductdomestic in-house tests to determine the appropriate concentration of diethylene glycol monobutyl ether in surface cleaners. It is also employed as a wetting-out agent in the textile industry. However, the effects of the compound on human body, such as muscle pain and low blood pressure, on prolonged exposure might act as a restraining factor for the market.
The market in North America region holds a major share of the global diethylene glycol monobutyl ether market,owingto high demand for DEG monobutyl ether as a cleaning agent in detergent industries. The market in the Asia-Pacific region is also expected to grow at a rapid pace due to the growing demand for DEG monobutyl ether in the production of paints and coatings used in the construction sector.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global diethylene glycol monobutyl ethermarket along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global diethylene glycol monobutyl ether market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global diethylene glycol monobutyl ether market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the diethylene glycol monobutyl ether market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether Market Report Highlights
By End-use Industry
Key Market Players
TCI Chemicals, India Glycols, The Dow Chemical Company, Advance Petrochemicals Ltd., Eastman Chemical, Lyondell Basell Industries N.V., Jinan Shijitongda Chemical Co. Ltd., BASF SE, Petronas Chemicals, KH Neochem Co., Ltd.