The solvent diethylene glycol monoethyl ether (DEGEE) is currently used in over 500 cosmetic products and has enabled the formulation of a topical 5% dapsone gel for the treatment of acne. This common cosmetic ingredient is anticipated to be a component in numerous future prescription topical products approved for the U.S. market. Dermatologists are already treating patients that apply products containing 5-40% of these solvent multiple times each day.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment.
- Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide.
- Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased the demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the market.
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in preference of diethylene glycol monoethyl ether market for producing water-based coatings is a prime factor contributing to the development of the overall market for DEGEE. In addition, there is rise in use of the product in formulation of various cleaning agents for industrial, household, and institutional cleaners. This factor has positively affected the product demand in cleaning agents. Asia-Pacific and Eastern Europe are characterized by rapid urbanization, which is expected to boost the demand for residential, commercial, and industrial construction, hence, positively affecting the market growth for DEGEE.
- The product is primarily used in skin treatment formulations in the form of topical creams or gels.
- Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether is considered to be a shielded and tolerable pharmaceutical-grade glycol ether when used at 99.9% purity. It even acts as an intracutaneous depot for various drugs to reach different layers of the skin. The solvent is widely gaining demand in dermatology sector as it has the ability to penetrate through the eisoderm of the skin and aid in healing the root cause. The product is expected to witness increase in growth in pharmaceutical and personal care application in near future owing to these factors.
- The demand for diethylene glycol monoethyl ether in the production of paints and inks is high. Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether is extensively used in paints and inks owing to its cheap price, mass production, high miscibility in water, and high efficiency. It is also environment friendly, biodegradable, and versatile, which increases its application in the automotive, construction, and textile sectors.
- Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether is applied in diverse industries such as textile, architecture and construction, chemical, automotive, personal care and pharmaceutical, and others. The rise in application of diethylene glycol monoethyl ether for the producing specialty paints, dyes, colorants, lacquer & stains has surged the demand for diethylene glycol monoethyl ether from the architecture and construction sector.
- Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether is also used in the automotive sector for component manufacturing, coatings, and brake fluids. Factors such as developments in the automotive industry, rise in adoption of electric vehicles, and increase in desire for modernization of vehicles boost the growth of the diethylene glycol monoethyl ether in the automotive industry. Increase in urbanization, technological advancements, and rise in the sale of passenger vehicles have resulted in increased applications of diethylene glycol monoethyl ether.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Upcoming Report specific FAQs Examples: Can be utilized randomly 4-5 FAQs per RD OR other from own suggestions, suitable for upcoming report.
- What is " Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether "?
- what does " Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether " allow organizations to achieve?
- which technologies combine to make " Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether " a critical organizational asset?
- What is " Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether " Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the " Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether " Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the " Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether " Market?
- What are the key benefits of the " Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether " Market report?
- What will be the anticipated growth rates for your own Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether Market economy altogether and also for every segment inside?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether Market Report Highlights
By End use
Key Market Players
The Dow Chemical Company, Advance Petrochemicals Ltd., ExxonMobil Refining and Supply Co, Axalta, FBC Chemical Corp. Total SA, BASF SE, PKN Orlen SA, Solvay SA, Valspar