Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a laboratory technique performed commonly to amplify DNA, thereby producing many copies of a particular section of DNA in interest. PCR is essentially used in the medical and biological research for various applications such as processing DNA for sequencing, detecting the presence or absence of a gene during infection, and generating forensic DNA profiles from tiny samples of DNA.
The major factors that fuel the growth of the market are increase in the incidence of infectious diseases along with genetic disorders globally. In addition, increasing advancements in PCR techniques and research activities that utilize PCR supplement the market growth. However, technical shortcomings in the dPCR and qPCR, along with high costs of advanced PCR devices restrain the growth of the digital PCR (dPCR) and real-time PCR (qPCR) market. Moreover, untapped regions and rising transition from plant-derived drugs to genome-based drugs will offer profitable opportunities for the digital PCR (dPCR) and real-time PCR (qPCR) market.
The report segments the market on the basis of technology, product, application, end user, and region. Based on technology, the market is divided into quantitative PCR (qPCR) and digital PCR (dPCR). Based on product, the market is classified into qPCR products and dPCR products. Based on application the market is divided into qPCR applications and dPCR applications. Based on end user the market is divided into quantitative PCR (qPCR) end users and digital PCR (dPCR) end users. Based on region, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players profiled in this market are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Qiagen N.V., Takara Bio, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Danaher Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, Merck KGaA, and Becton, and Dickinson Company.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global digital PCR (dPCR) and real-time PCR (qPCR) market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by type assists in understanding various forms of digital PCR (dPCR) and real-time PCR (qPCR) techniques available.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Digital PCR (dPCR) and Real-Time PCR (qPCR) Market Key Segmentation:
- Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
- Digital PCR (dPCR)
- Reagents and Consumables
- Clinical Applications
- Pathogen Testing
- Oncology Testing
- Blood Screening
- Other Clinical Applications
- Research Applications
- Forensic Applications
By End User
- Hospitals and Diagnostic Centers
- Research Laboratories and Academic Institutes
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Clinical Research Organizations
- Forensic Laboratories
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA