Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners are the devices that capture accurate digital impressions of the components of visible hard and soft tissues. It is used as a substitute for conventional elastomeric material. Use of Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners reduces the rate of error prone incidences associated with dentistry. Digital impression is a cost competitive technique and saves time. Presently there are four systems that provide digital impressions stand alone scanning, viz. Lava™ chair-side oral scanner, iTero™ digital scanner, CEREC®, and E4D Dentist™.
Advanced diagnostic tools and therapies in dentistry are the factors that are enhancing the Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners market. Rising adoption of CAM/CAD based dental restoration is also contributing to the growth of the market. However, technological limitations such as inability to scan full-arch impressions, size of camera head, etc., are the factors that are hampering the growth of the market. Evolving impressions of digital dentistry are the results of technological advances such as precision dental implant planning software, three-dimensional dental radiography with cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT), high-strength ceramic (IPS e.max CAD, Ivoclar Vivadent, Amherst, N.Y.). These factors offer lot of opportunities for the growth of the market.
Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners Technology Market Analysis
Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners Technology Market is segmented on the basis of parallel confocal imaging and optical wand technology. Optical wand technology segment is the largest revenue generating segment due to its advanced configuration. Optical wand technology is a 3D motion technology capable of obtaining 2,400 3D data sets per arch.
Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners Geography Market Analysis
Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners geography market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and RoW. Asia Pacific is the largest revenue generating segment due to relatively large aging population and high demand of dental aesthetics.
The key strategies adopted by the companies to expand in the Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners Technology Market are product launches, and agreements & collaborations. These strategies would provide efficient products and yield strong performing products that support the market regulations and finally, exhibit better customer satisfaction. The companies profiled in this report are Sirona, MHT S.p.A., Hint-Els GmbH, Densys3D, Cadent, 3Shape, 3M ESPE.
High Level Analysis
The report analyzes various macro environments of the Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners Technology Market using porter’s analysis. According to porter’s analysis, the bargaining power of the supplier is high due to high cost of switching. The bargaining power of buyer is low due to the specialized products of Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners Technology Market and threat of substitute is low due to unavailability of alternate products.
- Analysis of the Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners Technology Market on the foundation of range of segments is expounded in the report, and segmental analysis is done to categorize the leading revenue generating segment
- To study the various factors that are enhancing and restraining the development of the market that would help the stakeholders in understanding the market in detail
- Study of SWOT and analysis of the captivating strategies adopted by the players in the market is conducted and that would help in assisting the stakeholders to take actionable decisions
- Report provides market scenario of current trends and revenues that are forecasted from 2012- 2020
- To find out the recent trends of the Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners Technology Market and opportunity that would unlock doors for the investors to contribute in the market, which in turn would facilitate in the extension of the strategies
DIGITAL IMPRESSION STAND ALONE SCANNER MARKET SEGMENTS
Digital Impression Stand Alone Scanners market is segmented on the basis of technology and geography.
Market by Technology
- Parallel Confocal Imaging
- Optical Wand Technology
Market by Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific