Digital impression systems are used by dentists to create a virtual, computer-generated replica of the hard and soft tissues in the mouth using optical scanning devices. The impression information then is transferred to a computer, which is used to create restorations, often without the need for stone models.
Advantages such as ease of handling, lightweight design of the device, and improved precision of images that digital impression systems offer over traditional impression systems drive the market. In addition, increased patient comfort and rise in acceptance of these devices by dentists also fuel the market growth. However, high cost associated with the preparation of different types of media culture restraint the market growth.
The global digital impression systems market is segmented based on type, compatibility, and region. On the basis of type, the market is bifurcated into standalone systems and portable systems (intraoral scanners, tablet/screens and cart). Based on compatibility, it is categorized into third party compatible and integrated systems. By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include 3M ESPE, 3Shape A/S, Align Technology Inc., Denstply Sirona, PLANMECA OY, Ormco Corp., Glidewell Laboratories, Dental Wings Inc., Densys3D Ltd., and Carestream Health Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market which helps determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Digital Impression Systems Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Glidewell Laboratories, Carestream Health Inc., Denstply Sirona, Dental Wings Inc., 3Shape A/S, 3M ESPE, Align Technology Inc., Densys3D Ltd., PLANMECA OY, Ormco Corp.