Diisononyl (DINP) is a phthalate plasticer and is used in the production of synthetic polymers, flexible PVC (Polyvinyl chloride) plastics and resins. Plasticizers make polymeric material more flexible and pliable.
Phthalate plasticizers are long-lasting, odorless, colorless, cost effective and resistant to temperature and weather changes. Diisononyl phthalate with high molecular weight (HMW). Dipropylheptyl phthalate (DPHP) and Diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP) are two further form of high molecular weight phthalates. Diisononyl phthalate is used to strengthen the flexibility of PVC items such as wire, stationary, gloves, vinyl flooring, garden hoses, tubing footwear, vehicle undercoating coated fabrics and toy making. Diisononyl phthalate is also commonly used in non-PVC applications such as pigments, printing inks, adhesives, sealants, paints and rubber
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The diisononyl phthalate market was negatively affected due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic.
- The industries such as automotive, leather and footwear, consumer goods, furniture, electronics and others were shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic this decreases the demand for diisononyl phthalate which affected the diisononyl phthalate market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused the imposition of lockdown due to which the production of diisononyl phthalate decreased and the global supply chain was affected, this decreased the demand for diisononyl phthalate market.
- The diisononyl phthalate market faced downfall of revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
The increased need for textiles, electronics, cars and electrical wires is driving the diisononyl phthalate market. Phthalate plasticizers are also employed in the production of baby teethers and also as food contact materials. They have been shown to absorb into food and cause poisoning. This can restrain the growth of the market in the usage in food and baby products. In the automotive sector, soft PVC plasticized with diisononyl phthalate is used for sealants and underbody coatings. An average car comprises over 1,000 plastic parts, with roughly 12% composed of soft PVC. This reduces the total weight of the vehicles, resulting in less wear and tear on roads, lower CO2 emissions and low fuel consumption. Diisononyl also delivers benefits to autos in the term of protecting. Soft PVC applied as a body protective coating doubles the average in service life of modern automobiles and lower the need for servicing and repairs. Car makers spray the plastisol, which is the liquid layer generated from diisononyl phthalate onto the metal underside of the body, where it forms a thin but incredibly resistant surface this is done at the time of curing process. All these factors are driving the growth of diisononyl phthalate market in automotive sector. PVC floors are extremely durable and withstand heavy use for up to 20 years. Despite considerable daily temperature variation, phthalates have ensured the application’s flexibility. They also resist degradation and discoloration caused by ultraviolet (UV) light exposure. This is driving the growth of the market. However, instability in the cost of diisononyl phthalate raw materials, as well as quick research in the field of production of eco-friendly and creative products by major manufacturers, can restrain the growth of diisononyl phthalate market.
- Diisononyl phthalate are commonly used in medical applications due to their high compatibility with PVC and softening capacity which results in significant increase in the flexibility of PVC formulations.
- PVC polymer is utilized in construction and building. It has excellent strength, high amount of light transmission, good weatherability when the proper additives are used. All these trends are driving the growth of diisononyl phthalate market.
- Increasing demand from PVC and polyurethane applications in the building and construction sector, Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the largest and fast-growing market.
- Market players are adopting many strategies such as R&D activities, acquisition, mergers, contract, agreement and partnership to expand their business.
- Evonik Industries invested in the manufacturing of high molecular weight plasticizer alcohol and 2-propylheptanol (2PH) in October 2009. At the Marl factory in Germany, the company produces 340,000 MT of C9 plasticizers alcohol isononanol. Because of this investment in plasticizer manufacture, the business has become Europe’s largest producer of C9/C10 alcohols.
- In October 2015, BASF and China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation opened an isononanol (INA) factory in Maoming, China, with a production capacity of 180,000 MT per year. In the manufacturing of DINP, INA is a significant raw material. The company will be able to meet the increased demand for next-generation plasticizers as a result of this expansion.
- In July 2019, BASF increased its yearly production capacity of isononanoic acid (INA) and 2-ethylhexanoic acid (2-EHA), two raw materials used to make DINP, from 55,000 to 68,000 MT in Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Kuantan, Malaysia. The company will be able to meet the global demand for high-quality chemical intermediates thanks to the expansion of these facilities.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the diisononyl phthalate (DINP) industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the diisononyl phthalate (DINP) market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the diisononyl phthalate (DINP) market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed diisononyl phthalate (DINP) market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Diisononyl Phthalate (DINP) Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
ExxonMobil, Aekyung Petrochemicals, Nan Ya Plastics, LG Chem, BASF, Evonik Industries, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, KLJ Group, UPC Group