Dimer acids, also known as dimerized fatty acids, belong to the class of dicarboxylic acids, obtained by dimerizing unsaturated fatty acids. Dimer acids are non-toxic and have yellow viscous transparent appearance. Dimer acids are predominantly used to make polyamide resins and hot melt adhesives. Based on properties, dimer acid-based polyamide resins can be classified as either reactive or non-reactive. Reactive polyamides act as curing agents for epoxy resins, which are used to manufacture adhesives and surface coatings. Whereas, non-reactive polyamides are largely used to manufacture printing inks and hot-melt adhesives. In addition, dimer acid-based polyamide resins are widely used as fuel oil additives, and lubricants in alkyd resins, adhesives, and surfactants.
The demand for dimer acid is expected to increase due to its comprehensive applications in industries, such as paints & coatings, adhesives, and oilfield chemicals among others. These industries would witness a persistent growth in the future, thereby augmenting the growth of world dimer acid market. Currently, non-reactive polymer dominates the application segment in the dimer acid market. However, reactive polymers are forecast to exhibit the highest CAGR due to its growing popularity in construction and marine coatings, especially in Asia-Pacific. Despite its optimistic stance, the dimer acid industry, is likely to witness fluctuations in the price of raw materials such as rapeseed oil, cottonseed oil, and soybean oil that can hamper the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The report segments the dimer acid market on the basis of application, product type, and geography. The application segment comprises non-reactive polyamides, reactive polyamides, oilfield chemicals, and others. Product types for dimer acid include standard, distilled, distilled, and hydrogenated. The geographical analysis for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA is provided in this report. Asia-Pacific is predicted as the most lucrative region for the dimer acids market due to easy availability of raw materials, growing construction industry due to urbanization, and overall economic development.
Major companies have adopted mergers and acquisitions in order to strengthen their market presence. The report provides comprehensive analysis of key dimer acid manufacturing players such as Shandong Huijin Chemical Co. Ltd. BASF, Arizona Chemicals, Croda, International, Oleon N.V., Florachem, Emery Oleochemicals, Anqinig Hongyu, Oleon N.V. Arizona Chemical, Anqing Hongyu Chemical Co., Ltd., Dow Chemical Company, and Jinan Tongfa Resin Co. Ltd.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers an extensive analysis of current and future market trends of world dimer acid market across various geographies.
- It offers a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2015 to 2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world dimer acid market.
- Key manufacturers of the dimer acid market are profiled in the report and comprehensive analysis of their strategies helps in understanding the competitive landscape.
- The report offers detailed insights on new product launches, research, and development in the world dimer acid market.
- SWOT analysis highlights the market positioning of the leading manufacturers for effective strategy implementation.
- Geographically, the dimer acid market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
DIMER ACIDMARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
World dimer acid market - by application
- Non-reactive polyamides
- Reactive polyamides
- Oilfield chemicals
World dimer acid market - by product type
- Distilled & hydrogenated
World dimer acid market - by geography
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom