Sulfosuccinates is a type of anionic surfactants. These are mildest among all anionic surfactants. They are chemically classified as dialkyl sulfosuccinates. They can impart a wide variety of functional properties including reduction in surface and interfacial tension, wetting, dispersing, emulsifying, solubilizing, and penetrating. Dioctyl sulfosuccinates (DOSS) have high wetting properties and they are used as industrial cleaning agents. DOSS are synthesized by using maleic anhydride. Dioctyl sulfosuccinates are commercially called docusate, which is in the form of capsule and is used for treating constipation in children. However, multiple dosing regimen, abuse potential, and cost are the major restraints for the market.
Covid-19 Impact Analysis
- The coronavirus's unfavorable global effects are already evident, and they will have a big impact on the dioctyl sulfosuccinates components in 2020.
- The World Health Organization has declared a public health emergency after the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019. The disease has spread to over 100 nations and resulted in massive deaths all across the world. Exports & Imports, global manufacturing, tourism, and financial sectors have all been heavily damaged.
- The downward pressure on the global economy, which had previously shown signs of improvement, has escalated once more. The outbreak of the virus has added danger factors to the international economy's already sluggish development. Many international groups have stated that the global economy is experiencing its most difficult moment since the financial crisis.
- The lockdown has resulted in hampering the imports and exports of various goods. Also, the uncertainty created in the market in the consumers’ buying pattern has resulted in hampering of the dioctyl sulfosuccinates components market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rising rapid adoption of dioctyl sulfosuccinate in several industries such as textile, paintings & coating, along with various functional properties are the key factors that drive the market demand. In addition to this, rising demand among the population such as to treat on constipation problems of children and acceptable during pregnancy, along with affordable price is expected to propel the market growth during the forecast period. Though, demand for rapid prescribed medication with new research in a health system is anticipated to create potential opportunities for dioctyl sulfosuccinates market in the coming year.
- Growing demand for constipation medicines due to change in lifestyle and food habits has bolstered the market growth.
- Docusate sodium (dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate) and docusate calcium (dioctyl calcium sulfosuccinate) act like detergents and are used to soften the stool when it is desirable to lessen the discomfort or the strain of defecation. These drugs are anionic surfactants that produce their effect by reducing the surface tension and allowing intestinal fluids and fatty substances to penetrate the faecal mass and hence helping in constipation removal.
- Growing urbanization and industrialization is a key driver for the market.
- With increased economy and per capita income, the demand for the people has increased. This includes setting up of new factories and buildings all over the world. Hence, the demand for paints, textiles etc. has also risen, thus bolstering the growth of the dioctyl sulfosuccinates market.
- Advancement in technologies and government aids has also resulted in the market growth.
- With advancement in medical sciences to treat various kind of disease with full term effect and helping in increasing the life expectancy of the people, the demand for the market is expected to rise. Also, government in Asia- Pacific countries are pumping money into the sector for advancements, which will further aid the situation.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the dioctyl sulfosuccinates components industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the dioctyl sulfosuccinates components market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight dioctyl sulfosuccinates components market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed dioctyl sulfosuccinates components market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Dioctyl Sulfosuccinates Components Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Elementis Specialties, Croda, Alfa Aesar, Eastman Chemical, Dupont, Emerald Performance Materials, Evonik, Theorem, Innospec, PMC Group