Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4) inhibitors are a class of medicine that lower high blood glucose levels and are used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. These inhibitors function by increasing incretin levels which in turn increases insulin secretion, thus decreasing blood glucose levels.
Increase in incidence of diabetes and its related complications such as cardiovascular disease, nephropathy, retinopathy, and neuropathy and rise in geriatric population fuel the market growth. However, side effects of the medicine such as urinary tract infection and respiratory tract infection restraints the market growth.
The global dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors market is segmented based on brand, application, and region. Based on application, the market is divided into type 2 diabetes and others. On the basis of brand, the market is classified into Nesina, Tradjenta, Onglyza, Januvia, and others. By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Sanofi, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Eli Lilly, Merck, Novo Nordisk, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, and Boehringer Ingelheim.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors market from 2016 to 2023, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 (DPP-4) Inhibitors Market Key Segments:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA