Disc spring, also known as Belleville washer, is a conical shell primarily used in applications that require very high amount of power without much deviation. It can be loaded along its axis either statically or dynamically subjected to continuous load cycling. It is shaped as a washer that is conical in shape and axially loaded. Disc springs can be used as a single element or can be used as in stacked parallel, multiple, series or in a combination depending on the application it is used for.
A disc spring is a spring washer with a conical shape. This shape gives the spring washer its flexible effect. It comprises primarily of a convex disc supported at the outer periphery by one force and an opposing force on center of the disc. With this property, it can bear the load of huge quantity over very small deflections. Disc spring produces a large amount of force with very minimal spring length and minimal defection when subjected to compression.
Its main application area is where the space is less but high force is required. This provides the exact solution to this problem. Also it provides dampening effect and bring the intensity of vibration to minimum. These characteristics of disc springs lengthen the life of components by reducing the vibration frequency. Disc springs are also prone to rusting since they are made of carbon steel and stainless steel. Potential applications and effects can be produced by using it different kind of stacking. Disc springs are used in various industries to discourage vibration and warm development. They also provide protection to bolts from breaking or deflecting by reducing bolt creeps which can result in malfunction of machines.
Verticals such as spacecraft, medical and automobiles all use them. They are also used as a part of target rifles and paintball weapons to discharge the shooting pin in the disc springs market. Thus, they help in reducing the terminating time. They are regularly observed on Formula One cars, as they give outstanding and nitty-gritty tuning capacity. Surgical tools and instruments must be the very pinnacle of value to be really viable and safe. It is used in various industries because of its features like high load capacity, vibration dampening capacity, consistent performance, longer fatigue life, higher space saving, flexibility and thermal expansion. Various companies are focusing on organic growth strategies such as product launches, product approvals and others such as patents and events. Inorganic growth strategies activities witnessed in the market were acquisitions, and partnership & collaborations. These activities have paved the way for expansion of business and customer base of market players. The market players are anticipated to lucrative growth opportunities in the future with the rising demand for the disc spring market.
Covid-19 Impact On Market
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Surge in usage in applications of automotive and healthcare equipment are the factors that drive the disc spring market. Investments in automotive and healthcare industry, launches of new technological advancements in the healthcare equipment, and requirement for cost cutting related to replacement of old components by new ones present new pathways in the industry.
New product launches to increase the market share
The dispatch of new items that contain improved abilities have been propelled by driving business sector players. Producers have found a way to improve precision of gadgets and generally usefulness also. Manufacturers like MW Industries, Inc., AirLoc Schrepfer AGare is continuously striving to manufacture the product by making it more efficient in being temperature resistant and more pressure handling capabilities.
One of the leading market players like MUBEA is producing disc springs with the help of raw materials made of Nimonic 90, which is very low in demand.
Although not comparable, an available substitute would be Inconel 718, which is stable until 500°C and by low stress level up to 550°C. Mubea’s procurement and engineering team in Germany are continuing to search for a suitable material to replace the Nimonic 90. The process is undergoing trials and once it gets successful, it will be launched into the market.
Surge in usage in automotive and healthcare applications
Makers have been concentrating on act of spontaneity of existing items for explicit applications as there are changing requests dependent on the usage. Driving business sector players have decided how improved productivity and quicker applications can be persuasive in numerous applications. More investment coming from World Bank of $14 billion in the wake of COVID-19 is infused into the healthcare sector indirectly resulting in the growth of disc spring market to lessen wear and tear within the components and increase the life cycle of the machines. In healthcare sector where the components are expensive is to be taken care of in order to reduce the terminating time of surgical tools and instruments. It is also used in various other industries like aerospace and mining industries where it is often used to dampen the vibration effect and smooth functioning of the components used in various applications where there is frequent fluctuation in load carrying capacity by avoiding the creeping in bolts and deviation.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the disc spring industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the disc spring market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the disc spring market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed disc spring market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Disc Spring Market Report Highlights
By End-User Industry
Key Market Players
AirLocSchrepfer AG, Changzhou Disc Spring Manufacturer Co., Ltd., Christian Bauer GmbH + Co. KG, Safelink Agencies Private, MW Industries, Inc., Barnes Group Inc., Daemar Inc.