Dispersing agent is a substance, or a surfactant which is used as a chemical additive that helps in reducing the viscosity of an aqueous medium and improve the separation of the particles and prevent from settling or clumping. Dispersing agents is also called as dispersant. Dispersants comprise a combination of chemicals such as polycarboxylate, acrylic acid, lignosulfonates and naphthalene sulfonate, which have strong adaptability to colors and liquid surfaces. Dispersants are widely used as stabilizer in different industries and artisanal products. They also facilitate smooth spreading of the liquid over various surfaces, owing to which, dispersants find its importance in various industries such as oil and gas, paper, automotive, construction and agriculture.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The lockdown situation has brought about the shutdown of various manufacturing units of dispersion agents which brought about a destruction of sales and also disrupted the supply chain of the dispersion agent market.
- COVID-19 is an incomparable global public health emergency that has affected almost every industry so far and the long-term effects projected to impact the industry growth of the dispersion agent market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rapid industrialization and developing interest for dispersants in the oil & gas industry is one of the key driving variables for the development of the market. Dispersants decline the viability process of coagulation and help every molecule of concrete to remain isolated and give upgraded spreadability, owing to which the demand is increased in the construction and infrastructure industry. In addition, the expanding oil drilling and exploration activities across the world are frequent contributing to market growth. Dispersants are additionally used to clean and control oil spills in the sea. They work by restricting the product molecules with oil particles and separate them from water, hence permitting oil drops to biodegrade quickly in contrast with the huge mass of oil. Different other factors contributing essentially to the market growth include increasing focus for innovative work (R&D) activities alongside advancements, for example, the introduction of asphaltene and paraffin-based dispersants that permit a continuous progression of fluid through pipelines. Further, consistent advancements in the automotive and infrastructure sectors are additionally expected to boost the demand for dispersion agents. The dispersion agent market is driven by wide reception in different end-use enterprises like paints and coatings, development, drugs, and others. Dispersion agent market is driven by the high appropriation of low-foam dispersing agent in the paints and coating industry to make stable formulations while making pigment concentrates. In oil spills, dispersants are utilized to disperse huge oil molecules into little particles that help to ensure the marine habitat. These dispersants are splashed utilizing special boats and planes.
- In November 2020, Croda International Plc has completely acquired the Iberchem, a leading global fragrances and flavours company.
- In April 2020, Air products has completely acquired the five-steam methane reformer hydrogen production plants from the PBF Energy Inc. which will increase the production capacity to the 300 million standard cubic feet per day.
- In September 2019, BASF has completely acquired Isobionics B.V., Netherlands which has develops and produces a wide range of natural flavours and fragrances with a focus on citrus oil components the acquisition affects the nutrition and health division
- In August 2019, Ashland, Inc., a producer of special synthetic compounds settled in Kentucky, USA introduce another presentation upgrading added substance on the lookout. The product is accounted for as a brilliant added substance for waterborne building coatings. The product is low in VOC substance that have made traction on the market.
- In April 2018, Solvay, a chemical manufacturer situated in Belgium, extended its coatings added substance portfolio. The new scope of product is accounted for to be prevalent emulsion stabilizers, molecule size regulators, pigment wetting and scattering, and others.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the dispersion agent industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the dispersion agent market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the dispersion agent market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed dispersion agent market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the dispersion agent Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the dispersion agent market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Which Government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
- What are the key barriers to enter for the new players in the market?
- What value proposition should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
Dispersion Agent Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Meadwestvaco Corporation, Emerald Performance Materials Llc, Air Products & Chemicals Inc, Cytec Industries Inc, BASF SE, Altana AG, Croda International Plc, The Lubrizol Corporation, Clariant AG, Gruppo Chimico Dalton Spa., The Dow Chemical Company, Arkema Group