A disposable innerwear is a type of innerwear that is for single-use. Disposable innerwear serves a wide range of purposes, some of which are vital and others that are not. Disposable innerwear is highly practical and is made with your comfort and convenience in mind. It may be worn once and then thrown away. When washing an innerwear is impossible, difficult, or impractical, disposable innerwear is perfect. Disposable innerwear is great for travel since it is lightweight and small, taking up less room. Because the briefs may be worn and thrown away, dirty laundry takes up even less room. The increase in the hotel industry, spas, and saunas are directly increasing the demand for disposable innerwear leading to the growth of the disposable innerwear market. After the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the production of disposable innerwear halted due to lockdown enforced by the government disrupting operational activities.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The advent of the global pandemic, COVID-19, has negatively affected the disposable innerwear market. During the ongoing pandemic, disposable innerwear was not considered a necessary product. Hence, the demand for disposable innerwear has seen a downfall.
- As the COVID-19 pandemic has forced countries to enforce lockdown, the supply and distribution chain had disrupted. Restrictions were imposed by the government, on the import and export of disposable innerwear resulting in a shortage of stocks in the distribution channel. Hypermarkets/supermarkets and specialty stores were closed, creating a gap in demand and supply.
- The production process for new batches of disposable innerwear had become a challenge for companies due to the limited availability of labour, disrupted channel of raw material supply and logistic issues.
Top Impacting Factors
- The usage of advanced fiber materials and the launch of infection-free goods are driving up demand for disposable innerwear. In addition, the transition from paper to cotton-based materials is increasing the appeal and demand for quality disposable innerwear. Vendors are concentrating their efforts on producing eco-friendly innerwear items that may be used in place of traditional innerwear. As a result, market demand is more influenced by innovation. In addition, the disposable innerwear market for maternity care is anticipated to expand during the forecast period, owing to an increase in strategic collaborations between vendors and maternity hospitals and an improvement in the birthing rate.
- Many stores in hypermarkets/supermarkets, specialty stores, and internet shopping have emerged in the changing retail business. People appreciate comfort and convenience more than ever before, thanks to their hectic lifestyles and job schedules. Consumers have more alternatives thanks to large, well-organized retail shops that sell a range of brands and styles of innerwear under one roof. Other intimate clothing is also available at these businesses to meet the needs of customers. The importance of organized merchants offering branded disposable innerwear has grown in tandem with the rise in customer desire for branded items.
Growth in the Salon and Spa Culture
The largest users of disposable innerwear are salons and spas. The salon and spa sector provides a wide range of services, including massages, treatments, haircutting, and other services, all of which utilize disposable underwear. Because of hygiene, customer happiness, and unique service offers, disposable underwear is becoming more popular in this market. The elements that have contributed to the rise of spa culture include increased consumer expenditure and increased disposable income. Due to their adaptability, smooth fabric, and reasonable cost, these items are in high demand in the salon and spa sector. As a result of the growth in the salon and spa industry, disposable underwear products are on the increase all over the world.
Eco-friendly Products driving the market
The consumer goods market is being driven by environmental developments and the creation of eco-friendly products. Vendors are being driven to make biodegradable items by strict restrictions and the growing adoption of biodegradable products. Another important approach used by disposable innerwear companies is to promote environmentally friendly goods. Ore Inc., one of North America's leading providers of disposable innerwear, offers a variety of biodegradable spa items, including bras and panties.
Increased Adoption in Healthcare Settings
One of the key reasons driving the growth of the disposable innerwear market is the expansion of the healthcare sector. The primary categories driving disposable underwear growth are maternity care and surgical services. Disposable underwear is commonly used among patients to prevent infections and preserve cleanliness. To expand their commercial prospects, vendors have begun to focus on developing strategic alliances with hospitals. Disposable innerwear is also being used extensively in the medical field.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the disposable innerwear industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the disposable innerwear market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the disposable innerwear market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed disposable innerwear market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the disposable innerwear market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Disposable Innerwear Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Kayser-Roth Corporation, Nivea, Under Armour Inc., Fruit of the Loom Inc., Essity, Hanesbrands Inc., Unicharm Corporation, Mama Bear Inc., P&G