Disposable medical devices sensors are handheld or portable scanning devices used for patient monitoring, diagnostics or therapeutics. These devices are used to monitor basic vital signs. One of the widely used sensor device is Scanadu, which is a small hand-held sensor and is positioned on the patients forehead to measure heart rate, breathing rates, blood oxygenation levels, pulse transmit time and temperatures. Scanadu has electrodes for measurements and works in combination with a mobile app. QuantuMDx Group; is developing a handheld DNA lab to analyse malarial symptoms. Ibis Biosciences, has developed a machine that can accurately identify upto~1,000 of the most common disease-causing bacteria, fungi and viruses within a few hours of collecting a patient’s blood sample. The measurements are carried out by comparing the genetic fingerprints of pathogens against a reference database.
Over the past few years, the disposable medical devices sensors market has gained traction; the market has witnessed vertical growth over the past few decades and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Various factors such as the increasing incidences of hospital acquired infections, increasing healthcare expense, enhanced investments by venture capital firms to develop novel disposable medical devices sensors and government provisions for R&D activities are responsible for growth of this market. However, this growth may be hindered by factors such as stringent regulatory approval procedures accompanied by insufficient and irregular reimbursement for these medical devices.
Smart Pill Technology Sensors, will provide lucrative growth opportunities for companies as several key market players are collaborating and investing to launch novel products in the smart pill technology sensors market. Similarly, emerging economies such as the Asia-Pacific will present significant opportunities for various market players. Availability of skilled labor and technological advancements are two of the prime factors, which drive the growth of this market in the Asia-Pacific region.
The disposable medical devices sensors market, is a significantly fragmented market, as various market segments feature various leaders that function on expertise and different/exclusive product offerings. For example, the capsule endoscopes market is mainly dominated by Given Imaging, followed by Olympus Corporation. The major players in the disposable medical devices sensors market include Covidien Plc., Analog Devices, Inc., Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., Measurement Specialties, Given Imaging, Sensirion AG, Honeywell International, Inc., Medtronic, Smiths Medical, Philips Healthcare, GE Healthcare and ST Microelectronics, among others.
- The analysis helps in understanding the strategies adopted by various companies for gaining a market share in the Disposable Medical Devices Sensors Market.
- The report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2021 that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the Disposable Medical Devices Sensors Market.
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships and acquisitions in the global transdermal drug delivery systems market would be informative for professionals in the corporate sector
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the global transdermal drug delivery systems market and should assist market strategists in decision making.
- Pin-point analysis of geographic segments, helps to identify opportunities for growth within the global Disposable Medical Devices Sensors Market
- Identification of key investment pockets for Disposable Medical Devices Sensors Market provides strategic assistance to decision makers
- An analysis for the market potential is conducted for various product segments, therapeutics, devices and geographic regions along with a detailed examination of factors which account for rapid growth of the market segments
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
The market is segmented based on the product type of sensor type, applications and by the geography.
BY TYPE OF PRODUCT
- Ingestible Sensors
- Implantable Sensors
- Strip Sensors
- Invasive Sensors
BY TYPE OF SENSOR
- Image Sensors
- Pressure Sensors
- Temperature Sensors
- Patient Monitoring
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America