Disposable urine drainage bags carry out the process of urine collection, in which a disposable urine bag is attached to a catheter (tube) that is inside the bladder. These bags are essentially useful for individuals suffering from urinary incontinence (leakage), urinary retention (not being able to urinate), surgery that made a catheter necessary, or other health problems that make the use of urine drainage bag necessary. They are extensively utilized across several hospitals and medical set-ups, thus increasing their demand.
The prime factor that drives the growth of the disposable urine drainage bags market is rise in prevalence of bladder, colorectal, and urinary tract cancers, which lead to urinary incontinence and retention, thereby fueling the demand for disposable urine drainage bags. In addition, rise in geriatric population suffering from chronic ailments, such as paralysis, Alzheimers diseases, and others supplement the market growth. However, medical issues arising due to catheters and lack of awareness towards disposable urine drainage bags hamper the market growth.
Moreover, risks associated with the capillary blood collection technique and challenges faced during micro-collection hamper the growth of the market. Rise in preference for disposable urine drainage bags as compared to reusable bags is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the expansion of this market. This is attributed to the fact that use of disposable urine drainage bags eliminates the risk of urinary tract infections caused due to improper cleaning of the bags. Moreover, product innovation and technological advancements in the capillary blood collection tubes are anticipated to provide growth opportunities for the market growth.
The global disposable urine drainage bags market is segmented on the basis of bag capacity, end user, and geography. Based on bag capacity, the market is divided into 500-ml bag, 750-ml bag, 1,000-ml, 2,000-ml bag, and others. Based on end user, it is classified into hospitals, home, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as C. R. Bard, Inc., Cook Medical (Cook Group Incorporated), Covidien (Medtronic), Medline Industries, Inc., Coloplast, Flexicare Medical Limited, Moore Medical LLC (Mckesson Medical-Surgical Inc.), Pacific Hospital Supply Co. Ltd., Plasti-med, and Amsino International, Inc. are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global disposable urine drainage bags market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Comprehensive quantitative analysis of the industry is provided for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the key segments of the industry helps to understand the trends in products and end users of disposable urine drainage bags across the globe.
- Key market players and their strategies have been provided to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Disposable Urinary Drainage Bag Market Key Segments:
By Bag Capacity
- 500-ml Bag
- 750-ml Bag
- 1,000-ml Bag
- 2,000-ml Bag
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA