The process of decoding and encoding DNA-related information from synthesized strands of DNA is known as DNA data storage. The genetic blueprints for living organisms and cells are contained in DNA. The binary digital is representing as DNA, every single binary bit converted into A, C, G, and T letters from 1 to 0 numbers. Binary digits are an electronic system that generates, processes, and stores data in terms of positive and negative states. Negative digits are displayed as 0 and positive digits are represented as 1. Adenine, cytosine, guanine, and thymine are the four main compounds found in DNA and are represented by the letters A, C, G, and T, respectively. When compared to magnetic tape or hard drive storage, DNA storage systems are more compact. DNA data storage systems also have a long-life span, as long as the DNA is kept cool, dark, and dry. All of these characteristics make DNA data storage systems more efficient and popular.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the DNA data storage market.
Top Impacting Factors
The companies offering DNA data storage technology have come up with an advanced feature, which increases the storage capacity for a longer time. This is expected to decrease the cost earlier incurred for enhancing the capacity of the devices.
The information density of DNA is remarkable, just one gram can store 215 million gigabytes of data which is projected to propel the growth of the DNA data storage market.
However, the major constraints on commercial storage are that DNA synthesis and sequencing are still too costly, in part because they are based on organic chemistry methods designed for different use cases and susceptible to a high rate of errors.
Furthermore, DNA data storage is emerging, including the so-called “DNA of Things” (DoT) which is opportunistic for the DNA Data Storage Market growth.
New product launches to flourish the market
- In June of 2019, Catalog Technologies, a startup based in Boston, set a record in DNA data storage by coding all of Wikipedia (16 gigabytes of data) using technology similar to inkjet printers and a new method of coding with different combinations of pre-built DNA molecules (similar to a printing press with movable typefaces).
- In April of 2020, researchers at the University of Illinois and the University of Texas demonstrated a new method of recording information in DNA (akin to the cardboard punch cards used with early computers). They used enzymes to leave small “nicks” in distinct locations on the DNA strand that can be used to hold and retrieve information with less errors.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the DNA Data Storage along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the DNA Data Storage market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the DNA Data Storage market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed DNA Data Storage market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the DNA Data Storage Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the DNA Data Storage market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "DNA Data Storage "?
- What is "DNA Data Storage " Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "DNA Data Storage " Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "DNA Data Storage " Market report?
DNA Data Storage Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Sequencing Platform
By Synthesis Platform
By End User
Key Market Players
Microsoft (U.S),, Beckman Coulter (Fullerton, CA),, Agilent Technologies, Inc (U.S),, SOSV LLC (New Jersey),, Siemens AG (Munich, Germany),, Illumina, Inc. (San Francisco),, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., (U.S),, Eurofins Scientific (Luxembourg)., Gatc Biotech AG (Germany),, 454 Life Sciences Corporation (Roche Holding AG),