A docking station or universal port replicator referred to a mobile device that connects with other devices. It allows a laptop user to turn it into a desktop and utilize it in the working area or in home, without the need for more cords. The user may connect his laptops directly to the dock and connect to other devices, such as additional displays, speakers and printers. These docking stations save the need for additional dongles and adaptors for external screens, USB hubs and storage devices. Increased vertical digitalization is one of the major aspects that have a favorable influence on market growth. Furthermore, the growing usage of portable electronics for personal and business use such as cell phones, laptops and tablets has increased the need for dockings so that consumers may quickly connect and charge their devices. Even, propelling market development is the growing tendency towards Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD).
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 limited users to social and distant working, resulting in a spike in the demand for a docking station to operate. Docking stations are utilized to provide the user with a cordless experience for the optimal usage of the devices. With the introduction of new technology, customers choose docking stations since they will be more convenient to use.
- With restricted work availability, a renewed supply of raw material and a logistic difficulty, the production process for docking stations has become an obstacle for enterprises.
- The pandemic has induced the usage of online services in consumers. The increase in the shopping of electronic devices by consumers has directly increased the demand for docking stations in the household sector.
Top Impacting Factors
- The organization encourages employees to use personal equipment at work to prevent connection difficulties and different links. Various technological developments are contributing to the expansion of the business, for instance, the development of multifunctional stations with extra charging, multi-monitor connectivity and high-speed data transfer capacities. The market is also projected to continue to drive other factors, such as the rising number of offices in developed and emerging nations and the rapid urbanization.
- The worldwide wireless docking industry has various constraints on its expansion. Compared to its alternatives, the greater cost of wireless docking stations would likely restrict the growth of the market for wireless docking. It is also predicted that the availability of cheaper alternatives will hinder development on the market. Since the market is in an early stage, the problems of operational errors are due to a lack of standards. The market development is thus also likely to be restrained by compatibility and interoperability concerns.
The Introduction of a Smartphone is Negatively Affecting the Docking Station Market
The sales of desktops & laptops have decreased with the introduction of Smartphone. Since the mobile device industry is expanding, the desktop and laptop industries have slowed and steadily declined. The decreased demand for laptops is expected to hurt future demand for docking stations. In the worldwide docking station market, compatibility problems with most OEMs are a key concern. Many laptops do not comply with OEM docking stations. The problem of compatibility limits the growth of the worldwide docking station market.
The Growth in Number of Office Spaces has Increased the Demand for Docking Stations
Docking stations are great options for working environments since they provide employees additional convenience. Docking stations are ideal options for rotating staff, guests or visitors to travel stations. The use of the docking station in office settings is also supported by other benefits of docking stations, such as a clean, clutter-free operating environment, a saving in space, and enhanced productivity.
Rapid Digitalization across the Globe is Likely to Drive the Global Docking Station Market
The growing popularity and use of mobile equipment among customers has led to a growing need for docking stations. Moreover, due to their multi-functional characteristics such as input and output of the audio, USB ports and Ethernet connection, docking stations will have a robust expansion. In addition, fast-growing IT sectors worldwide create a rising need for computers and equipment. The worldwide docking station market is anticipated to increase by this factor.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the docking station industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the docking station market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the docking station market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed docking station market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Report
- Which are the leading players active in the docking station market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Docking Station Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Price Point
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Sony Corporation, ASUSTek Computer Inc, Fujitsu Limited., Toshiba Corporation, Apple, Inc, The Targus Corporation., Gamber-Johnson LLC., Acer Inc, Dell Technologies, Inc, ACCO Brands Corporation